INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pattern Based Discrepancy Module  (Read 799 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Pattern Based Discrepancy Module
« on: May 30, 2006, 09:24:32 pm »

There are lots of things wrong with metadata in my library, and I would assume in others as well.

Things like song names that got cut off.  I know this because they have a '(' not ending with another ).  MC could easily recognize this and point out these discrepancies through maybe a color based list view to show the possible problems.

Others possibilities include albums that have different years, artist and album names that slightly differ but should be the same, MC should be able to find these.

Now that that I think about it, there has got to be a program that does this, I mean its fairly obvious and not too difficult to do, right?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Pattern Based Discrepancy Module
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 01:05:25 am »

Things like song names that got cut off.  I know this because they have a '(' not ending with another ).  MC could easily recognize this and point out these discrepancies through maybe a color based list view to show the possible problems.
You are thinking of code editors that can find missing brackets with auto-complete :)

How about a smartlist that has an inital search for "(" in the name,artist & album field and a expression column that indicates yes or no if a corresponding ")" is found in the same fields. To be sorted in descending order so the ye's show towards the top.

Others possibilities include albums that have different years, artist and album names that slightly differ but should be the same, MC should be able to find these.
Others as well as myself have asked for this for ages something like a ~similar modifier or fuzzy match.
Pages: [1]   Go Up