INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is "rebuild IPOD Database" in MC11s latest build? + other IPOD-questions  (Read 1401 times)

dvdr

• Recent member

Hi
I've got a dedicated computer for audio-server purposes (small and not very fast one), which runs the latest MC11.0.xxx build.
On my main computer I do all the transcoding, since this is a very fast computer, MP3s are created in a breeze. So, on this one, I installed the latest MC 11.1.xxxx build (it does not run off the small computer as a server, I let it access the HD of the small server over Ethernet and build its own database...)

First question: on the 11.0.xxx build, there is a right-click option "rebuild database" for the Ipod, which is very useful. MC 11.1.xxx does not have it anymore. Why?

Second question: with this latest MC11.1.xxx build, I could not transfer cover-art to the IPOD NANO, although I set a checkmark in the MP3 / sync-options and synced manually. Any suggestions on how to correct that and make cover-art visible on the IPOD NANO as well?
I even did a complete reset on the NANO and started from scratch - no change!

Last question: if pictures are stored in the tags as well (I saw that option somewhere as well), does that option make sense with the IPOD - does the NANO use the stored cover art in the tags? If so, I would suggest, that there is a resizing option to cut down file-sizes. I usually try to download very large cover art (over 1000px), and if this cover-art would be stored in the tags of EACH song, that would be a waste of space, since the Nano for example displays something like 100x100 max....

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Try to reinitialize your iPod and start fresh with the latest MC 11.1.

Rebuilding the database has been removed with MC 11.1.  It should be rarely, if ever, needed.  If things do go wrong, starting with a fresh iPod (reinitialize) is best.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up