INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to shuffle play (not shuffle play list)  (Read 1155 times)

sumasage

• Recent member
how to shuffle play (not shuffle play list)
« on: June 01, 2006, 10:55:02 am »

Any way to set up MC so that it play shuffle without shuffle the playlist? Right now when i click the shuffle button it shuffle the songs in the playlist.   I like to to keep the playlist in alphabetical order and play song random....sort of like winamp.  Thanks in advance.

gappie

Re: how to shuffle play (not shuffle play list)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 11:22:46 am »

when you make or edit a view scheme or a playlist, you can add a preset called randomise sorting.

sumasage

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 11:39:54 am »

can you be a bit more specific.  I'm new to MC.

gappie

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 11:58:53 am »

rightclick on audio. add view scheme. start to fill in the steps. step four is were you find the presets. search the manual for view scheme and experiment. and when you get a hang to it, also look in the faq http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=10029.0.

now do the same for playlists and smartlists.

im sorry, but typing all the steps would be to much for me.

gappie

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 12:00:38 pm »

oh, and also click right on the playlists and viewschemes that came with mc11 and see what they are doin.

succes. this is were the fun begins

sumasage

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 12:21:13 pm »

some how i think we are talking about two different things.  I just want MC to play random song but not shuffle my playlist (putting things out of alphabetical order).

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 12:31:58 pm »

I'm going to go out on the limb here and say that I'm not aware of a way for Media Center to do that. I'm pretty sure you're referring to Playing Now and that you want your songs listed alphabetically but when you click play you want it to just skip around the Playing Now list and play songs randomly. Not to say you wouldn't want to do that, but I guess I don't see the real purpose. Playing Now is a temporary playlist of the songs that you are currently going to play. If it was skipping around playing songs they wouldn't be in alphabetical order anyway. Well I can think of one reason and that is because you want to be surprised as to what the next song to play is. If that's the case, just don't look at Playing Now after you shuffle.  ;)

I apologize if I misunderstood your question.
Jeff

sumasage

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 01:03:03 pm »

dcwebman,

you understood my question.  If there's isnt a way then oh well.  Would be a nice features though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up