INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.186  (Read 8858 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.186
« on: June 07, 2006, 01:45:23 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  MC11.1 is a free upgrade from MC11.0. 

If you're new to MC11, please use the build from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111186.exe

11.1.186 (6/7/2006)

1. Changed: Pressing "Play" to play visible files when the tree was focused wouldn't honor a user search.
2. Fixed: iPod Nano model # MA353LL/A was not properly detected.
3. Changed: Library views of "Albums" no longer group all albums with the same name together.
4. NEW: Updated the Spanish translation. (thanks Alfredo!)
5. NEW: Updated the German translation. (thanks bytestar!)
6. Changed: "Album Thumbnails" are sorted internally by track number instead of the same sorting as the current view.
7. Fixed: Switching to a non-playing zone while certain visualizations were showing could cause a crash.
8. NEW: Czech language translation added. (thanks Johnny B!)

11.1.185 (5/24/2006)

1. Changed: Updated the German translation. (thanks Nick Schlüter!)
2. Fixed: aac/m4a tags that were written to the end of media files could not be read.
3. Fixed: Audible files transferring to MTP devices failing. Required WMP hotfix added to install.
4. Fixed: Streaming m4a and ra/ram/rm audio tracks from Library Server could not be played.
5. Fixed: When not playing mp4 type in DirectShow, MC could not correctly categorize mp4 as video or audio (and classified all mp4s as video).
6. Fixed: MP3 files with slightly corrupted frame data could cause an MC crash.
7. NEW: Added an Italian translation. (thanks to Marco!)

11.1.184 (5/15/2006)

1. Changed: Proprietary MusicMatch field handling could cause MC-specific fields to fail to load with some tag configurations.
2. Fixed: When simultaneous rip/encode option was disabled, the last track ripped from a CD did not get cover art associated with it.
3. Fixed: Burning transcoded CD's (mp3 or wma) was not converting to the correct format in certain cases.
4. Fixed: If mp3 encoder failed to download, transcoded CD burn could be continued anyway and result in a coaster.
5. Changed: Theater View could be slower than expected on some systems due to font auto-sizing.
6. Changed: Track Info (and other visualizations) detect meta-data changes as track changes in http:// streams.
7. Changed: Slightly increased the minimum size of the on-screen display.
8. Fixed: Files not transferring to some Windows Mobile devices successfully (WMDM Bug: MSDN article #893027).

11.1.183 (5/5/2006)

1. Fixed: With certain font anti-aliasing schemes enabled, font auto-sizing would not work as expected.

11.1.182 (5/5/2006)

1. Changed: Updated the French translation. (thanks Jean-Marc)
2. Changed: Revised the shrink mode used by the panes during auto-sizing when there isn't enough space.
3. Changed: While in windowed mode, the close and restore buttons aren't shown on the top bar. (since the window itself has them)
4. Changed: Disc numbers of 0 and 1 don't sort as equals in the panes. (but they still do in lists)
5. Fixed: The right-most column wouldn't update the horizontal scrollbar after a resize in a file list.
6. Changed: More tuning to automatic font size selection system.
7. Changed: Updated Portuguese translation. (thanks ChicoSelfs)
8. Changed: Updated all translation files to contain latest source code phrases. (now at version 2.3)
9. Changed: Added "Conductor" as a default library field. (Media Center has always saved / loaded this from MP3 tags once created, but now it'll be automatically created)
10. NEW: After manually creating the fields "Instruments", "Featured Performers", "Classical Genre", "Track Artist", doing an "Update Library (from tags)" will load proprietary MusicMatch data for these fields. (read and write support)

11.1.181 (5/3/2006)

1. Changed: Creation of start menu shortcuts would not work as expected during a non-express upgrade install.
2. Fixed: The jaggy 16x16 Media Center icon could still show in some places.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
New thumbnail slider bar for resizing
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

enervation

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 11.1.186
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 03:25:30 pm »

3. Changed: Library views of "Albums" no longer group all albums with the same name together.

Brilliant, thanks!

This has probably come up before, but if you rate a song which is playing (so it has to wait for the playback to finish before updating the tags), and you pause the song so that it cannot save, it throws an error after a while saying that it can't save the tags. This seems like wrong behaviour to me.

Fex

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 04:56:40 pm »

6. Changed: "Album Thumbnails" are sorted internally by track number instead of the same sorting as the current view.

Works now as expected. No idea about your always hidden workingtime on a less major point like this, but:

Thank you for listening and presenting a smart solution!

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 05:08:47 pm »

2. Fixed: iPod Nano model # MA353LL/A was not properly detected.
Works beautifully now.  Album art got transferred perfectly.
Thanks so much  ;D

orb9220

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 05:14:46 pm »

Thanks for fixing the Album track order.

Gave praise as last comment then locked the thread.

Topic: Playing Now not playing by Track order

Me Happy,Me Go Push Buttons now.

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 05:43:07 pm »

Brilliant, thanks!

This has probably come up before, but if you rate a song which is playing (so it has to wait for the playback to finish before updating the tags), and you pause the song so that it cannot save, it throws an error after a while saying that it can't save the tags. This seems like wrong behaviour to me.

This just caught me as well, but for lyrics

Using doof's excellent lyric editor ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33530.0 )  I had paused while editing a playing track, gone away for a while and came back to meet this message

Does it mean the database and the track tags are out of sync now, my changes have been ignore, or they'll be updated later ?

For safety's sake, I copied the lyics, stopped playback and then added them again, because the error message does not give the required information

gappie

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 05:48:11 pm »

7. Fixed: Switching to a non-playing zone while certain visualizations were showing could cause a crash.

yes! fixed! thanks a lot.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 06:25:41 pm »

Brilliant, thanks!

After 30 minutes (or so), Media Center gives up.  This is by design.

If you're going to be gone that long AND need to tag the playing file, you'll have to use the stop button.  Hopefully not a big deal.

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 07:46:01 pm »

Matt, what does that mean?

Will the library and the file become unsynced, or are the changes you made are discared for both ?
The dialog doesn't really tell you what's going to happen

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 05:07:42 pm »

>SwellGuy
Thanks for mentioning my name in the changelog  ;)

So the bug I mentioned in 11.1.185 topic (cover art is not saved into the file when the particular file is playing) is obviously solved and now MC works the way it should  :)

There seems to be a problem with highlighting in the tree. When using other language than English, switching with keys "ALT" + "1-9" is confusing. For example when using the language "Czech", pressing ALT+4 (or 8 or 9) goes to the right sectin on the tree but the title of the tree section is not highlighted. I tried other languages too and they have similar behaviour - some sections do get highlighted, some do not (for instance German language has a problem with ALT+ 4, 5, 8 and 9).
BTW I had a look into the MC Help (searching for the "ALT+" shortcuts); the section "Keyboard Hot-keys" should really be corrected because a lot of shortcuts are not valid anmyore...

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 12:17:48 am »

Another issue:
In Action Window "File Type Info" always shows the scrollbar even if there is a lot of space above it... (Tree is collapsed, Split View is set to 1)
File Playlists - the same
Statistics - as well
etc...

Nevertheless Tag Info works fine e.g. no scrollbar shown when not necessary. So what's wrong?

helpme

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 01:24:32 am »

I'm having trouble with the MB/GB display for large playlists.

e.g. Playlist 1 shows correctly 442 Files 2.4 GB 26.6 Hours

Playlist 2 shows 4230 Files (correct) 6.3 GB (incorrect) and 10.8 Days

This is mainly a problem when I'm trying to look at playlists to sync with my Ipod and it also seems to confuse things when MC does the calculations itself for the 60 GB IPod.

JONCAT

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 04:47:00 pm »

1 cd inserted, close bay of 2nd drive and auto rip starts to rip both cds not just the one that was inserted.

Dr. C

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 06:02:39 pm »

I'm having trouble with the MB/GB display for large playlists.

e.g. Playlist 1 shows correctly 442 Files 2.4 GB 26.6 Hours

Playlist 2 shows 4230 Files (correct) 6.3 GB (incorrect) and 10.8 Days

Check the "File Size" field for all your files.  If any have missing values, do a right-click > Library Tools > Update Tags (from files)

helpme

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 07:58:00 pm »

Check the "File Size" field for all your files.  If any have missing values, do a right-click > Library Tools > Update Tags (from files)

Thanks, problem solved.

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
Cover Art scrambled on iPod 5G
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 09:27:12 pm »

I'm using this latest build (.186), but have noticed that at least since .183 there is a problem with cover art on my iPod.

The cover art is correctly assigned (and shows up) in MC11. However, after transferring the files to iPod, often about 20% of the cover art is mis-assigned.

Basically the wrong cover art turns up. It appears to be random, with some images favored over others. (Especially an image I designed for my Japanese language lessons.) Sometimes some songs within an album will have the correct art, others will not.

This seems to be a bug, others are experiencing it, posted on the portable devices forum.

JONCAT

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 06:37:51 am »

YADB and autorip issues:

Auto-rip does not work with one cd already inserted and looked up; 2nd CD YADB will take forever (you guys really need to fix this; it's slow compared to EAC) and then no auto-rip.

2. Auto rip will styart a rip of multiple CDs when one or mor ehave already been ripped; closing the tray does not simply rip that particular CD.

3. MANY YADB failures; CDs needing to be searched for reapeatedly after auto-rip search of YADB fails or hangs.

4. If previous rip is not acknowledged, new cd auto detected from YADB will fail to start auto-rip. >>>>Close tray of 2nd cd and 1st cd starts to auto-rip, not both or 2nd CD.

5. Insert 2 CDs one is found on YADB, one is not. "Do you still want to rip cd even though no information was found" msg does not appear and both discs start to rip.

DC

Media Center Registered 11.1.186 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 11\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 2476 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 461 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3520AW  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E: LITE-ON CD-RW SOHR-5239S  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3520AW   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive E: LITE-ON  CD-RW SOHR-5239S   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 03:21:51 pm »

Last night i was playing for the usual Friday night dance.

G-Force was on in the background. Third song to play and MC crashed.

I "turned off" G-Force and no problems for the rest of the evening.

(In my previous post about crashes, I realize now G-Force was also on in the background.)

I see G-Force 3.5.5 came out yesterday with a Win Media Center "fix." Maybe this will help.??

Thank you,

John

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2006, 07:07:08 pm »

So the bug I mentioned in 11.1.185 topic (cover art is not saved into the file when the particular file is playing) is obviously solved and now MC works the way it should  :)

Well it seems I was not right. MC saves the cover art (drag & dropped while playback) only if "Next" (track) or "Stop" is used (while playing that particular track). If the playback continues to next track, cover art is not saved...

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 07:52:34 pm »

On thing to note on the way MC now handles albums that are named the same:

Due to the fact that ALBUM GAIN does not apply itself (for some reason) to albums that do not have a name, I prior to this build have been assigning these unamed albums 'unassigned' which makes the album gain work, but NOW MC shows every single one of these 'unassigned' albums separately.  This is bad particularly in tile view.

So, MC either needs to fix the album gain problem or needs to have an option to not show the same named albums separately.

Please make a change either way, thanks.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

daniel_2k

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 09:19:47 am »

Hi!

A problem occurs when I seek very fast through the tracks with the hotkeys Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right.
When the position marker reached the end of the track MC doesn't go to the next track.

See below:

http://home.arcor.de/daniel_2k/forums/fastseek.JPG

And here are some things were the strings in the language file are missing:
http://home.arcor.de/daniel_2k/forums/language01.JPG

http://home.arcor.de/daniel_2k/forums/language03.JPG

[Daniel -- I modified your links to images since they were causing a 7 or 8 second delay in loading the pages.  -- JimH]

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 02:09:31 am »

I submitted the thing with the crash - now it works - many thx

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2006, 02:56:43 am »

1)
Adding files to playing now from explorer brings up an "importing .." dialogue box. I have it set not to import, and MC doesnt import the files, so the message is wrong. Perhaps it should just simply say: "adding"

2)
I've still got my thumbnails issue when changing libraries. Library 2 always has to redraw all the thumbnails from scratch when i switch to it.

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2006, 11:51:37 am »

Hi,

I have a weird behavior with MC 11.1.186. I have a server running 11.1.186 and a client running 11.1.186 (both windows xp pro).  I have configured the client to start in Theater view mode. I have also added a custom button to Theater view mode, called Close which invokes "C:\winnt\system32\mc11.exe /Close". This Close button in the theater view mode does not seem to work. The MC11.1 first closes and then it is restarted again in the theater view mode. So,
I just cant' close MC11.1 without having to quit Theaterview mode and then going back to the regular window mode.

Any idea what could be wrong?

thanks much,
Osho

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2006, 05:03:41 pm »

1)
Adding files to playing now from explorer brings up an "importing .." dialogue box. I have it set not to import, and MC doesnt import the files, so the message is wrong. Perhaps it should just simply say: "adding"

I agree - it's confusing

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2006, 08:29:30 pm »

When in an album tile view, and attempting to adjust the sorting of the files at bottom, the current referenced tile changes. ?

This does not occur in any other tile view, it appears.

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2006, 10:13:10 pm »

A bit of a nit, but a crash nonetheless:

- Start MC
- Goto Tools/Plug-In Manager
- Then, while the Plug-In Manager dialog is open, go up and Close MC.
- Crash

I haven't checked 186.

Code: [Select]
Media Center Registered 11.1.185 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2657 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 489 MB, Free - 161 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5346.5 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   No CD drives found.
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2006, 11:33:48 pm »

I'm not seeing this in 186.  The plugin dialogue simply stays open.

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006, 05:43:21 am »

I'm not seeing this in 186.  The plugin dialogue simply stays open.

?? Neither crash nor "staying open" - MC simply closes and so does the Plug-in manager window...

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 07:14:18 am »

On my setup, currently running .185, the main window closes, there's a pause of about 1 second, then the plug-in dialog closes, then crash.

I'll get .186 and give it a try too.
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2006, 07:16:39 am »

A bit of a nit, but a crash nonetheless:

- Start MC
- Goto Tools/Plug-In Manager
- Then, while the Plug-In Manager dialog is open, go up and Close MC.
- Crash

I haven't checked 186.
I can confirm this.  Thanks for reporting it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up