INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import problem with FLAC files  (Read 1931 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Import problem with FLAC files
« on: June 22, 2006, 04:01:06 am »

Hi,

I am using 11.1.188 with FLAC Input plugin 1.6.6. I notice that when I import FLAC audio files they are being imported as Documents and not as Audio. Has anyone seen this? I did reboot after installing FLAC encoder and decoder because I read in the Readme file of decoder that FLAC files being recognized as decoder can occur if Media Center was not restarted.

Any idea how to fix this?

thanks,
Osho

Osho

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 11.1.188
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 04:12:39 am »

I forgot to attach my System Info.

Media Center Registered 11.1.188 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3208 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 523 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5346.5 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F: PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-111D  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-111D   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Osho

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 04:30:21 am »

Oh, never mind about the problem that I had reported. Apparently, there was some race conditions. What happenned was

I installed FLAC encoder
I ripped a CD with FLAC - The ripped tracks were added to the Library
I tried to play them but could not as I didn't have the decoder
I installed FLAC input decoder
I restarted MC

This however caused the previously imported FLAC to be still associated as Documents. Any new imported FLAC after the FLAC input decoder was installed AND MC was restrated were correctly identified as Audio files.

I had to change the "Media Type" tag for all the FLAC files tat showed up under Documents from Document to Audio - and the flac files that were imported before installation of FLAC input plugin now show up as Audio files and play OK.

Osho

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 04:52:54 am »

... I ripped a CD with FLAC - The ripped tracks were added to the Library
I tried to play them but could not as I didn't have the decoder...

Remember to do "Update Tags (from library)". Most likely your FLAC files don't have tags because the decoder handles tagging.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up