INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Support for Iriver U10 (Clix in yhe US?)  (Read 4097 times)

Selma

• nothing more to say...
Support for Iriver U10 (Clix in yhe US?)
« on: June 12, 2006, 01:37:49 pm »

Hello there.

I have just bought a portable device from Iriver and I am trying to get it to work with Media Center. The model is Iriver U10 called Iriver Clix in the US (I think).

When I connect it to my computer and transfer my songs to the Iriver, the songs are treated as regular files by the Iriver and the extra functionallity offerered by the Iriver isnīt avalible. I guess Media Center is treating my Iriver as a regular USB mass storage.

In order to get full functionality in the Iriver device I have to use Iriver software, Iriver Plus 2.

Of course I wolud like to use Media Center to handle my Iriver.

Is there anybody out there that can help me? PLEASE!

The Firmware I am running on my Iriver U10 is 1.64EU.
I am running Media Center version 11.1.183 on Windows XP SP2

?
Matti Svantesson (Sweden)

SwellGuy

Re: Support for Iriver U10 (Clix in yhe US?)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 05:19:04 pm »

Matti,

We've tested the 'clix' and it work well for us. The only things we changed to make it work more smoothly were: updated the firmware to the latest (1.11 for the clix [USA]) and changed the "Images\" path to "Pictures\" in handheld options.

What type of files are you transferring? Where is it putting them on the device?

We've read reviews that claimed that the clix required WMP 11 to work properly but we didn't have any problems without installing WMP 11.  What version of Windows Media Player do you have installed?

Rick

SwellGuy

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 05:32:59 pm »

Matti,

It looks like you have the latest UMS firmware. Try installing the latest MTP firmware if appropriate.

http://www.iriver.com/html/support/download/sudw_list.asp?searchProductIdx=74

It looks like the U10 can be switched between a UMS (USB mass storage) device and a PlaysForSure device with the iriver firmware updater. We haven't experimented with switching between the two but it sounds like MC is seeing your device as a UMS. Try switching it to a PlaysForSure device.

Rick

Selma

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 03:29:06 am »

Hello again.

Thank you for your answer, unfortunately the functionality of swiching between UMS and MTP is not supported for the version of U10 I  have (2 Gbyte), see http://www.iriver.com/html/support/faq/sufq_view.asp?idx=387.

Any other idea?
 ?

/Matti

SwellGuy

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 02:28:52 pm »

When you say the files are treated as regular files and the extra functionality is not available - are you saying that it doesn't treat audio files as audio files (they get transfered but don't show up in the menus)? What extra functionality isn't available?

Have you experimented with changing the file paths in settings? Are the files in the correct location on the device when viewed by explorer but they don't show when browsing the device itself?

Magicland

• World Citizen
  • Gabba Gabba Hey!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 12:11:15 am »

Just a clarification, though they look similar, the Iriver U10 is NOT the same device as the Clix. The U10 is an older device which doesn't have all of the features that the Clix does. What works for one may or may not work for the other.

IanG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 03:13:14 am »

When I connect it to my computer and transfer my songs to the Iriver, the songs are treated as regular files by the Iriver and the extra functionallity offerered by the Iriver isnīt avalible. I guess Media Center is treating my Iriver as a regular USB mass storage.

There's a similar problem with the iRiver H10, and the fix seems to be to run an app called EasyH10, which updates the H10 database to match what's been transferred.  The author of EasyH10 is now working on the PMPlib (Portable Media Player library) which seems to do the same thing, but for a range of players including the U10.  It might be worth a look.

Ian G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up