INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having strange library problems after rebuild…  (Read 1006 times)

kingdaddy

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Having strange library problems after rebuild…
« on: June 08, 2006, 05:06:11 pm »

As I said, I did a complete rebuild a few days ago and wiped the drive after all the music files somehow got corrupted.  I have all my music backed up on a external drive that stays disconnected and they were copied there with the Duplicate command built into the Dantz backup utility that came with the Maxtor One Touch II drive.  The files after the duplicate process were verified by the utility and to make sure they were good I played one song from each album, all the tags were in perfect order and working like a charm for many months before I did this backup so I’m sure the file structure was good.  Now after wiping the music drive I used Beyond Compare to do a drive copy and byte by byte check, everything went smoothly although two songs were flagged as having corruption problems.

Now after a Import command of the entire directory I am still having problems, when I select a particular song like AC/DC “Back in Black” it will pause for several seconds and begin to play a totally different song far down the list.  At first I thought it was just a glitch but after some experimenting and just randomly double clicking many different songs I am experiencing this issue over and over, many song files are somehow linked to the wrong song and it is taking a long time to change tracks or start playback.  Some songs are getting an yellow explanation point next to them and seem to be unusable.  I went back to my external drive source and played directly from there the same songs that are giving me problems and it works fine even through the USB port, so I know the source files are good and Beyond Compare is saying that they are a perfect copy and file match.

I’m wondering, should I erase the entire library and re-import all the music files?  I think this might work since I have verified that the files are tagged correctly and in artist folders like the file directory says (Artist/Name) or will the re-importing automatically re-write the library?  Doing this however will surly erase all my links to the manual artwork and I will have to do that all over again for the fifth time in two weeks but what’s most important is getting working non-corrupted files first.

Any Ideas would be appreciated before I erase my entire library.

kingdaddy

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Having strange library problems after rebuild…
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 09:59:27 am »

Well I just re-formatted the drive and reinstalled MC11.1.185 and imported all my music, seems to work fine, at least for now.  Still lost a lot of cover art that I did the Drag and Drop method to and my image directory was changed as suggested, so much for that idea, I guess I'll just have to get used to manually inserting the cover art several times a year.

I did find a problem with the Music Lobby Plugin that I hadn’t had before (same version and setup).  When connected it will populate the entire library into the playing now list as soon as any song is played, oh well, back to Cinemar about this choking problem.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Having strange library problems after rebuild…
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 05:40:22 am »

thats the reason why I love MC so much - instead of other (e.g. iTunes) you put the cover art in the directory of the album mp3s. MC automatically assigns the cover art then ...

Pages: [1]   Go Up