INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Next Album - Previous Album  (Read 960 times)

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
Next Album - Previous Album
« on: June 24, 2006, 01:45:14 am »

I thought I'd throw out this idea again.

My (old) home audio cd changer had a "next disc" and a "previous disc" button.
My car cd player has a "next disc" and a "previous disc" button.

The buttons are next/prev buttons, but in reality they are "next album" and "previous album" buttons in their (main) functionality.

So wouldn't it be cool if MC had a "Next Album" and "Previous Album" controls?

Imagine pressing "Next Album" and MC jumps to the next track in the playlist which is not the current album.  Or pressing "Previous Album" and MC jumps back to the first track of the previous album in the playlist.

I'd use it mainly from MC11.exe (mjextman) from my remote controls around the house.  It would be great to just be able to skip a whole album in the playlist with just one button press, instead of successive "Next Track" commands, and having to listen to each track a moment to figure if it's the current album or the next album.  I'm really lazy.

Just a suggestion.  Anyone else like the idea?

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Next Album - Previous Album
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 03:43:09 am »

Hmmm, can't say i'ts something i'm desperate for really  :-\ but i can't see a reason not to do it

How about
left click next/prev does next/prev track
right click next/prev does next/prev album in playlist

That should be pretty easy to add into MC

Skipping to the next album should take you to the first track of the next album in the playlist, but skipping backward gives two options
Jump to the last track of the previous album
Jump to the first track of the previous album (or if there is no previous album, jump to the first track of the current album)

Can't really see the point of jumping to the last track of the album, so i guess jumping to the first track of the previous (or current) album is what you had in mind?

I've got no problem with something like that, but no burning desire for it myself  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up