INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Severe Crashing Issues  (Read 1081 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Severe Crashing Issues
« on: June 27, 2006, 11:07:42 pm »

I seem to have very common crashes while playing FLAC music with MC.

Every 3-6 song changes, it will crash upon double clicking a song or pushing my next track button on my keyboard.  I tried with and without cross fading.  This does not seem to help at all.  The best solution I have found so far is to make sure I stop the song before starting a new one.  This has worked for about 20 songs so far.

I do not seem to have any problems on my other computers, so this is very strange.  The computer I have the trouble on is my newest and most commonly used (mine!)

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Severe Crashing Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 02:49:15 am »

Using the latest flac plugins...

http://mcplugins.sourceforge.net/

I can play flac files all day long, interupting a currently playing track to start a new album, whatever. The plugins' functionality really is seamless for me (and I guess many others too judging by the lack of posts such as these)

First, make absolutely certain you have the latest versions of the encoder and decoder plugins, make sure there are no problems with your sound card installation (check device manager for exclamation marks), post some system specs, at least the info from mc's 'help > system info'

What audio output is MC configured to use? (wave out, direct sound, ASIO) and have you tried different settings there?

-marko

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Severe Crashing Issues
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 08:07:07 am »

I just tried the various output methods and they are not the problem, I think.  Also, I'd get the latest plugins but sourceforge is down right now.  I do recall getting the latest from that site only 2 weeks ago when I began this project.
Pages: [1]   Go Up