INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creative Zen Vision:M Files Duplications on Sync  (Read 1085 times)

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Creative Zen Vision:M Files Duplications on Sync
« on: June 23, 2006, 09:36:01 pm »

For some reason, especially videos I have are uploading on every sync I do.  I notice that the video files are in the right place on the Zen and show up on the list, but the metadata I have in MC11 for Artist and Name go missing when it reaches the Zen.  As a result, I believe MC11 thinks the files are not already there and re-uploads them, causing duplicate entries.  I just tried a third time and it wants to upload them again...

When I look at the file paths on the Zen, I see the same exact path listed down to the filename, I am not sure how this can physically happen, but maybe the zen can distinguish the files internally.  Anyway here is a screen cap of what I am seeing in MC11.1.188

For the Zen that seems to dump some of the metadata on transfer, it would probably work better if rather than comparing the metatags, MC11 would compare the file names on the device vs. the file names that could be queued for sync.

Any assistance would be appreciated...

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Creative Zen Vision:M Files Duplications on Sync
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 09:41:11 pm »

It also seems to have the same behavior on some of my audio tracks, ones that have weird characters like a ":" in them.  The zen replaces ":" with spaces.  So again the tags won't match forcing it to send the file again... 

I know I can click delete files not in sync list box in the settings to not have duplicates, but I also don't want to reupload a subset of files over and over each time I sync, it takes forever, especially with video files...

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Creative Zen Vision:M Files Duplications on Sync
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 09:08:49 pm »

Nevermind, all (well most) of my problems went away with a complete reformat of the Vision:M.
Pages: [1]   Go Up