INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to save your selection in Library view?  (Read 1556 times)

dje06

• Recent member
How to save your selection in Library view?
« on: June 16, 2006, 04:20:33 pm »

I am going back and forth between Playing Now and my Audio library and every time I come back to the Audio library my Pane selection is reset. I mean I selected only GenreA in my library and keep adding GenreA songs to Playing Now but when I go to Playing Now and then back to the library, I see all the genres again, not only GenreA.

But I want the library to remain in the same condition as before I clicked away from it. What do I do?

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to save your selection in Library view?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 10:10:23 pm »

Hit the back button in the upper left hand corner of the view, or simmply use spit views, from the menu view > split view > 2 or 3 views.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

dje06

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 12:31:12 pm »

So I played with this a little and I am finding the split view too cumbersome... One of many things that I don't like is that if I have a playlist in one pane and the Audio library in another and I do search, the search is global, so it searches both the playlist and the library, which I don't usually want to have happen.

All I would want for eternal happiness is that when I make a selection in the Audio library it is saved until I clear it. So that I could do a search for "Eminem," drag a track to a playlist, open the playlist to shuffle things around, come back to the Audio library and still have the Eminem search results in place. Or, if I select a genre of "80s Pop" I want the library to show that selection forever until I either 1) Exit the program or 2) reset the Genre section to "All."

Is that possible? For instance, you have a setting "Save changes on list header clicks" I wish something similar was possible so that the Audio library doesn't reset itself every time you move the focus away from it.

Any ideas?

Matt?  :)

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 12:46:17 pm »

All I would want for eternal happiness is that when I make a selection in the Audio library it is saved until I clear it. So that I could do a search for "Eminem," drag a track to a playlist, open the playlist to shuffle things around, come back to the Audio library and still have the Eminem search results in place. Or, if I select a genre of "80s Pop" I want the library to show that selection forever until I either 1) Exit the program or 2) reset the Genre section to "All."
I'm really surprised this is not possible cos i think its there.

- Go to a viewscheme, type eminem, see eminem, add eminem to PN.
- Alt+2 (to get into PN), shuffle eminem tracks
- Alt+<- (back)

If i'm not mistaken, you previous eminem search should still be there.

Right ?

dje06

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 02:01:21 pm »

I'm really surprised this is not possible cos i think its there.

- Go to a viewscheme, type eminem, see eminem, add eminem to PN.
- Alt+2 (to get into PN), shuffle eminem tracks
- Alt+<- (back)

If i'm not mistaken, you previous eminem search should still be there.

Right ?

Yeah, so this is what I'm going to have to learn how to do. I need to learn how to use MC very comfortably so that I won't have to spend much time on overhead and extra clicks... Thanks for the suggestion. I still would like to have that option somewhere in Advanced settings to not automatically restore the audio library if you click away from it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up