INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YADB not working  (Read 3026 times)

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
YADB not working
« on: June 18, 2006, 07:13:47 am »

I've just got back from a week's holiday, and I'm now finding that Media Center can't connect to YADB for some reason. It usually just fails to connect to do an initial lookup, and when you try to submit it says something about the server returning an invalid response.

Is it just me? I'm surprised that no-one else has reported this, but it's been like it for over 12 hours now, and I've tried it a lot of times... (I bought quite a few CDs while on holiday!)

I'm running 11.1.186 - I could run 11.1.187, but the history doesn't give any clue that it would help with this problem...

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
Re: YADB not working?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 07:17:33 am »

argh! no sooner did I post that than it worked with a new CD!

Did someone reboot the server?

Or maybe it just read the details from CD text? Is there any way I can tell that?

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 07:23:25 am »

Hm, no (he says, talking to himself again), it's still not working.

The details for that CD were a bit crap, so I edited them and tried to submit them, and it came back with the error again ("Action: Failed. Status: Invalid data returned by YADB server.")

The particularly annoying thing is the way MC handles the failure. If you enter the CD details using the dialog box that pops up when it can't find the details, when it submits them, and fails with this error, it bins off everything you've just typed in. Thankfully it doesn't do that *whenever* you submit - that would obviously be really annoying!

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 01:36:56 pm »

Just tried to enter in a new CD and it said it fialed to connect and then simply exited the cd ripping mode.  >:(

Can I at least rip it, and not half to re-enter info if yadb fails?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
Re: YADB not working
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 11:36:48 am »

Definitely still not working.

I can't see how this problem can be specific to me - can anyone confirm that this is working OK for them?

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 12:36:05 pm »

Hi Rob, I'm working on this. I made a lot of changes to YADB last week and there'll be a few glitches. I may need you to try again soon, keep an eye here for more info.

j

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 01:57:11 pm »

ok, thanks John.

I noticed you'd posted something somewhere else about the apostrophe clean up stuff, so wondered if it was you ;-)

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 02:56:28 pm »

I think I fixed it. Please try again. It was only affecting submissions, so I imagine people would just ignore the error instead of reporting it here.

Thanks for noticing it...

j

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 05:16:15 pm »

ok, I'll let you know if I get it again, though I *think* I've just finished my most recent big batch of CDs so until Amazon actually gets their act together and delivers the CDs I've been waiting for for months, I'm not sure I'll be doing any ripping for at least a few days!
Pages: [1]   Go Up