INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Assorted folder BROKEN  (Read 1401 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Assorted folder BROKEN
« on: June 19, 2006, 05:28:40 pm »

I cannot get the assorted folder to work correctly!  Since I am getting ready to add album art, I really need it to work correctly because I would have to store the same images multiple times for the various artists on a CD.  Please tell me how I can force a complete update that would solve this issue by checking album names again.

JONCAT

Re: Assorted folder BROKEN
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 04:58:05 pm »

Do you have various artists CDs spread out in different artist folders? There was thread on renaming filenames through the Clean File Properties I think to solve this problem. What's yoiur file structure like for storing various artist CDs?

DC

benn600

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 05:16:26 pm »

How do I change this?  I did use the Rename files from properties with the Assorted folder item checked.  For some reason it doesn't seem to pick up on a few albums, but the majority of them work.  I don't like seeing strange artists that I have never heard of with top-level folders because they only have a song or two.

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 07:04:02 pm »

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33255.0

"Success!

Marco: Setting the [album artist] field to (Multiple Artists) and then running the rename from the properties tool did the trick!  The files were renamed and put in the same directory and the orphaned directories deleted.

Alex B: Good catch - the edit directories was not checked.  But that was a screenshot from my remote PC.  When I had tried and failed earlier on my main PC it was checked.

And regarding the forum software scaling images - you also just right click and select "view image" for any image that's scaled (at least with FireFox).

And finally - thanks for the excellent example of how/why to use Paul McCartney as Album Artist for the CD I showed.  That finally drove the point home.  I thought I understood it from Doof's original explanation, then after I got everything working I was wondering why I did all that only to have the album show up under "(Multiple Artists)".  Then I re-read your last post and the final piece of the puzzle fell into place!"

does this help?

DC

benn600

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 12:35:19 am »

Thanks a TON.  I actually tried what you told me to do before (or I thought I did) exactly but it didn't work before.  This time, it worked great!  I just went through album by album and glanced for various artists in one album...then checked the filename.  Next, I followed the instructions and then renamed from tags.  Worked 100%.  Thanks a lot!

I'm closing in on 100GB any hour now--starting tomorrow morning again, I need to get to bed!
Pages: [1]   Go Up