INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multizone doesn't work  (Read 1207 times)

toml0006

• Recent member
Multizone doesn't work
« on: May 22, 2006, 05:18:38 pm »

On a fresh install of windows I cannot get the multizone functionality working correctly.  I have been trying for days to do this.  It doesn't matter what I select the audio always comes out of my first 2 outputs.  I have an M-audio FW410, Asus A8N-SLI and Windows XP Pro SP2.  The audio is always routed to the outputs that 'control panel/sounds and audio devices' is defaulted to.  If the control panel is set to 3/4 all of the zones will play out of 3/4.  If the control panel is set to 7/8 all of the zones will play out of 7/8.  I have tried the 'Wave Mapper', Direct Sound and ASIO settings in JR Media Center.  I have all of the latest drivers and software. I spent over an hour on the phone with M-Audio this morning only to have them tell me that its the software's fault.  Funny thing is, there is NO problem on my other machine which is loaded with junk.  Someone PLEASE HELP!!!

jmlogan

• Recent member
Re: Multizone doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 06:27:05 am »

Was this issue resolved?

I am having a similar problem on a machine that just had its motherboard replaced with an ASUS A8N-SLI.  In my case, I am using the onboard Realtek sound controller.  I have 3 zones set up (1 - front L/R, 2 - Rear L/R and 3 - Center/Sub).  I am getting both Zone 1 and Zone 2 music playing on Zone 1.  Zone 3 seems to be OK.

This same setup was working fine on the old motherboard using a SoundBlaster Audigy and an older version of Media Center (11.1.176, I believe).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Multizone doesn't work
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 06:47:46 am »

You can read user Mastiff's posts on multi-zone to learn about it.  Start with the FAQ on this board. 

I don't think there's been any change in MC that could affect this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up