INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Vista  (Read 1194 times)

ananta108

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Never was there a time when I did not exist
Windows Vista
« on: June 24, 2006, 04:02:11 am »

Hi folks

Will MC10 work okay in windows vista, I have installed the Beta 2 version

Thanks

CDvd

• World Citizen
Re: Windows Vista
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 01:19:48 am »

I justed tryed MC11 with vista and it works pretty well.
The only problem I have is about the volume control : only the internal volume for audio playback works.
You have to adjust MC's volume with windows (you probably noticed that vista lets you adjust each application volume independantly).
I'm not sure but I think you will have the same problem with MC10
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

PeterV

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 03:52:50 am »

I have Media Center 11 installed and when I went to run it following installing Windows Vista beta 2  I received an error message that MC was installed for a different operating system and to reinstall MC. I reinstalled MC and it work's OK apart from the volume button which does not appear to be activated (as CDvd) mentioned. I use the Windows volume. All I have to do now is rerigister the product.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 04:11:27 am »

Right-click the speaker icon besides the volume slider and select "Internal Volume".
(It is also here: Player > Volume > Internal Volume)

It works with all audio file formats that are played through MC's playback engine. It does not work with video files and some audio formats that use external codecs for decoding.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up