INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot burn music cds  (Read 867 times)

Rod March

Cannot burn music cds
« on: September 16, 2002, 06:57:34 am »

Hi, I think MJ 8.0 is wonderful. I would replace several other pieces of software (certainly including Windows Media Player) with it in a heartbeat, especially because of how well MJ handles editing the media tags that are stored in the files themselves.

Unfortunately, I am having trouble burning CDs. When I first tried to test burning, I got this error message:

Error: 'WRITE' command failed on device 0:1:0
Read/Write error or bad medium detected (04h 00h 02h 03h 0Ch 09h)

I immediately confirmed that my setup worked with Easy CD Creator. Then I went to this forum and read that it might work with the default CD Writer Settings and set to "Use generic driver." The drive than tested OK, but when I went to record, it got about 75% done and then I got this error message:

A device error occurred. Error number is 1008
Error data is: KEY: 3 ASC: C ASCQ: 9

I again used Easy CD Creator to record the CD and it finished without problem. I also tested the same PC and cd writer with Windows Media player without any problem.

My setup:
I am using MJ 8.0 (eval, but in the first 30 days) on an IBM thinkpad running Windows 98, using a Philips 2x cd writer via the parallel port.

Thanks,
Rod

P.S. I will not be able to get back into this forum for a couple of weeks, but I wanted to get this posted right away so that you were aware of the problem.

yughi

• Recent member
RE:Cannot burn music cds
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2002, 06:58:47 am »

Post your computer information ...maybe the writer uses a strange DLL.
---
Reality is, eating icecream in the sahara!

Rod March

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2002, 07:14:10 am »

Glad to post whatever you need. Please let me know what would be helpful and where to find it (specifically, how do I find the dll you mentioned).

Rod

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2002, 07:29:13 am »

Do MJ Help/System Info, then copy and paste.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2002, 07:33:09 am »

You can get your system info from the Help menu in Media Jukebox. Just paste that into a posting in this thread.
It sounds like you're experiencing buffer under-run. There are a lot of tips in the FAQ and "CD Burning Tips" (on the Help menu on this web page). The first thing to try to verify this is the problem, is try burning at 1X speed and see if it works ok. If so, some other things you can do are:

1. on the cd writer settings page, uncheck the "decode mp3 direct" option if you are burning mp3 files. You'll have to have at least 700MB free on your hard drive.
2. defrag your hard drive
3. shut down other programs and don't do other operations in MJ while the burning takes place.

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.

Rod March

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2002, 07:58:32 am »

Thanks for your thoughts. My system info is below as well as some additional information about testing I have done.

I have tried to run at 1x, and I have set it to make the wav files first. In fact that second error message was from a run where I had it make the wav files first.

Also, when I test my hard drive (a new 40gb hard drive with 25gb free) using Easy CD creator, it says that my hard drive can deliver information at over 6 MB per second.

Here is my system info from MJ:

Media Jukebox  8.0.365
Install Path: D:\apps\mediajukebox\

CPU: Intel Celeron 125 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 5 MB
Resource Info: System - 45 %, GDI - 49 %, User - 45 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4916.400
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.56 (1003) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A
Pages: [1]   Go Up