INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When Can We Try FLAC plugins?  (Read 1877 times)

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
When Can We Try FLAC plugins?
« on: June 30, 2006, 03:38:08 pm »

Matt--
At what point would it be safe to try and reintroduce FLAC functionality to v12x?  Does scthom have the new specs to start work on his end?  I just tried the current FLAC plugins and they won't register in MC.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: When Can We Try FLAC plugins?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 03:46:23 pm »

patience grasshopper :)

I would say under no circumstances should you consider trying flac plugins untill you hear from scthom.

scthom replied in build 28's release thread to say that Matt had been in touch re. changed API's that require his (scthom's) attention.

Be very careful with the current flac plugins and v12. I did manage to get them registered, and they made zero-byte files out of some of the flac files they touched.

jgreen

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 05:16:23 pm »

Well, grasshopper could not wait and started knocking off some WAV copies from his FLACs, getting himself back into the music listening biz and getting out of the spare room on the HD biz.

scthom

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 06:24:57 pm »

Yes, Patience.  What Matt gave me was the header file, and I might be able to fudge enough to make it work without destroying files.  Note to jgreen, I really do mean might, not just humility this time.  Most likely we have to wait a bit so Matt can get me some updated SDK info.  I will try to look at it a little bit this weekend.

JONCAT

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 12:20:43 am »

Any update on this?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 01:39:38 am »

Scthom released a FLAC plugin for v12 a long time ago.  It's the v2 one.  There's also an updated Wavpack one if you want it.

http://mcplugins.sourceforge.net/
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JONCAT

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 08:28:22 am »

Thanks - I saw that V2 and tried it both with mjp and manually and FLAC never showed up in the Input plugins even though MC12 reported a successful install. x64 issue?

DC

scthom

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 06:35:40 pm »

Thanks - I saw that V2 and tried it both with mjp and manually and FLAC never showed up in the Input plugins even though MC12 reported a successful install. x64 issue?

Possibly, though if you still have 11 installed that may also be part of it.  If it says OK then just check to make sure the dll is in the plugins directory.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 06:42:34 pm »

Possibly, though if you still have 11 installed that may also be part of it.  If it says OK then just check to make sure the dll is in the plugins directory.

Just so you know, I'm using your FLAC v2 plugin on a machine where I also still have 11.1 installed (and I have the FLAC v1 plugin installed as well there) and it's working just fine.

BTW... Thanks for all the hard work.  MC wouldn't be anywhere near as useful without your plugins!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

scthom

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 12:49:02 am »

I appreciate it  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up