INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.89  (Read 2962 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.89
« on: October 10, 2006, 05:21:03 pm »

Download:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120089.exe

History

12.0.89 (10/10/06)

1. NEW: TV user can configure how much video to retain during time-shifting. The default has been increased from 1.5 hour to 5 hours.
2. NEW: Added two options to cache RAW file output as Jpegs.  (This takes the cached file size down from (in the case of a Canon 20D) 25MB's to under 1MB.)
3. NEW: RAW files now provide their ISO, FL, Shutter, Aperature and Camera.
4. NEW: Added grid-lines to Tag window.
5. NEW: Read-only fields show as grey in the Tag window.
6. NEW: MP3 Streams with song titles in the metadata stream: Clicking the >> & << buttons will advance to next or previous title in stream.
7. New: RAW File cache can now be cleared from options.  Code added to invalidate cache files.
8. Fixed: Double-clicking in the tree to play images would not properly give the full-screen display the focus.
9. Fixed: Theater View and 3D visualization textures could look garbled on some systems.
10. Fixed: Media Center would close even though Media Server mode was on.
11. NEW: Added ability to add "Check Watch Folders Now" to the toolbars.
12. NEW: Put "Check Watch Folders Now" in the Tools menu.
13. Changed: Reworked Options > Library > Watch Folders layout.
14. NEW: Interface plugins can set a registry DWORD "Skin" and set it to 0 to disable skinning for the plugin and any child windows. (for parentless popups, use pMJ->SkinWindow(m_hWnd, FALSE))
15. Changed: Renamed add folder to library to use "Import" and "Auto-Import" naming.
16. Changed: Removed tree gridlines that appeared with some skins.
17. Changed: Changed how toolbar buttons look when they're disabled. (use only text color instead of grayscaling)

12.0.87 (10/5/06)

1. Changed: Got rid of the mode skipping while stopped when pressing F11.
2. Changed: Tag Action Window doesn't show "Track #" on the first line any longer.
3. Changed: Tag window no longer uses new line during editing a field.
4. Fixed: Using the Tag window with panes visible could be overly slow.
5. NEW: Tag window uses new (more powerful) visible field selection mechanism.
6. Fixed: Tag window would use inconsistent colors for the text in the header area.
7. Changed: Image in Tag window now has an instructional tooltip.
8. Changed: Reduced the font size of the labels in the Tag window.
9. Fixed: The play link on a grouping tile wouldn't work properly.
10. Changed: For digital TV, changes in video mixing mode can take place immediately even if TV is in time-shifting mode (unless the user choose to delay it until next time TV a channel is played).
11. NEW: User can specify whether to use, and for how long, an automatic cut-off time limit for TV recording (in case you forget to stop recording manually).
Scheduled recording is not affected by this. Previously there has been a 3 hour time limit. The new default is 12 hours.
12. Fixed: 3D Pong did not render properly.
13. Fixed: 3D Pong had too much drag on the ball, causing dead balls, after extended play.
14. Changed: 3D Theater View and 3D Visualizations use a more accurate clock system for moving the world and handling physics.
15. Changed: Theater View "into" animation fades out as it zooms.
16. Fixed: In Theater View, into animations would not play when using the right-arrow in details mode to enter an item.
17. NEW: Added some more art updates.
18. Fixed: Should be the right DCRaw.exe file this time.
19. New: Raw decode quality settings available in playback->Image options.
20. New: Raw decode cache settings available in playback->image options.  Cache directory setting there.
21. Fixed: Importing iTunes 7 playlists (saved as a txt file) not working.

12.0.86 (10/4/06)

1. Changed: Pressing the "Play" link on a single-file thumbnail will queue all the files. (like a standard double-click)
2. Fixed: Clicking on a non-item area of a list and then doing Ctrl+A wouldn't update for the new selection as expected.
3. Fixed: Theater View didn't update properly to reflect changes to the playing file.
4. Optimized: Improved Theater View tile loading performance.
5. Fixed: Entering Theater View to a webpage or Playing Now view would not properly show everything.
6. Fixed: Some sloppy TV code that could lead to crashes on computers that do not have digital TV devices.
7. Fixed: Some iPod PDT settings not being honored.
8. Changed: When MC 12 is first run, and the media database is empty, it will search for a database from a previous version of MC and prompt the user if he'd like to use (copy) it.
9. Changed: Tuned roll speed delay in Theater View.
10. NEW: Added animation for entering an item in Theater View.
11. NEW: Updated art in several areas of the program.
12. Changed: Updated DCRaw.
13. Changed: RAW file decodes are now cached on a per session basis.  (First file load is slow but subsequent loads should be fast.  On a per session basis.)
14. Fixed: Http:// files could show unexpected thumbnails in some cases.
15. Fixed: Field lists would not properly handle translation during sorting.

12.0.85 (10/3/06)

1. Fixed: Pressing the "Play" link on a single image and then pressing page up / page down would not display nicely.
2. Fixed: When starting the program, right-click menus could get clobbered during the first few seconds.
3. Changed: Double-clicking / playing a single image in Playing Now won't automatically start a slideshow.

12.0.84 (10/3/06)

1. Fixed: Quickly switching into and out of Theater View could cause a crash.

12.0.83 (10/3/06)

1. Fixed: When unloading a component that accessed 3D capabilities (visualizations or Theater View), Media Center could crash.
2. Fixed: With the program maximized, the cursor wouldn't always change back to an arrow as expected in some cases.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gappie

Re: Media Center 12.0.89
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 05:47:22 pm »

the tag window is nice. great!

two things i reported on 87 version did not change. dont know if i have to report them again, but here they are.

i have made custom library field, 'artiesten'. this is the sane as artists, but a list field, so that i can place an album under different artists. now when i make a view with artiesten first grouped and in the second column ungrouped i get artists that have nothing to do with the selected letter in the first column. to make it more clear, here is a pic.
http://www.gappie.nl/fotos/mc12%20a.JPG

the relation between the names at top of the right column and the letter s is that they are sharing the artiesten field with an artist beginning with an s (in  this case).

in mc11 this works without any problems.

i guess this is also a bug. random tracks are putted in alphabetic order, happely enough not only on the once i made but also on the 'stock' smartlist.

thanks for the great software. i really love it.  8)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 06:26:11 pm »

14. NEW: Interface plugins can set a registry DWORD "Skin" and set it to 0 to disable skinning for the plugin and any child windows. (for parentless popups, use pMJ->SkinWindow(m_hWnd, FALSE))

Not Clear On This

Plug-In Name "Data Master"
Value For A Key I Created "Skin" = 0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\Plugins\Interface\Data Master\Skin = 0

This Did Nothing, Please Explain
Does Nothing
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 06:39:22 pm »

Not Clear On This

Plug-In Name "Data Master"
Value For A Key I Created "Skin" = 0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\Plugins\Interface\Data Master\Skin = 0

This Did Nothing, Please Explain
Does Nothing

Put the same value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 06:53:21 pm »

I Did

Not Working.

Skin Color Still Showing In Unwanted Items

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Center 12\Plugins\Interface\Data Master\Skin = 0
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

jgreen

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 06:54:19 pm »

I like the new tag (window) setup.  Also the tools/Import,etc menu items make things a lot simpler and easier!  A couple of nagging points, if I may.

--The topmost field in the list needs a line across the top of it.  The column shading looks unbalanced without it.  I'm not quite ready to call that a "deal breaker", however.

--I have a custom field, "version", which when edited doesn't show a drop-down list, like everything else, but the checkmark list, with a list of entries.  No other field shows this, that I can find.  It's a "general", rather than "audio" field (due to careless setup), but I've got other "general" fields that show the drop-down list, as expected.  Any ideas?

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 07:26:22 pm »

Thank you for the new (larger) icon in the Vista mixer I noticed it evenly.
When was it added?, it is very nice  :D.
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 07:42:10 pm »

4. NEW: Added grid-lines to Tag window.
5. NEW: Read-only fields show as grey in the Tag window.

Looks great!  It still looks very "clean," but it's a lot easier to work in this window and find the field you're looking for.  Thanks for implementing these changes.

One thing not mentioned in the changes list (unless I just missed it) is the fact that you can now hit anywhere in the row to activate editing for that field, which is also a VERY nice improvement that was (in my opinion) really needed in the new Tag Window.

One BUG with the new TW:

When you click on the fields in the upper section of the TW (i.e. "name" or "date") and you ALSO have these fields displayed in the main list (like I prefer to do), the field in the in the main list highlights for editing instead of the one in the upper section.  This itself is a little odd, but what's actually a PROBLEM is that if the TW is too short to display the whole list, you can't SEE the highlighted window -- i.e. it appears that the field simply disappeared.

Either the window should automatically scroll to the activated field, or (better yet) the field that you actually click on should be the one to activate (if you click on the "name" field in the upper section, THIS one activates, but if you click on the "name" field in the main list, THIS one activates.)

One other small "thing" regarding the TW:

When a field is activated and you don't want to change it, it would be very intuitive to me to be able to click in a blank area of the TW (like where it says "Tag") to get the window to DE-activate.  NOT a big deal, but it would be nice if this were the case.

THANKS once again for listenning to our requests on this subject and making so many excellent improvements to the Tag Window.

Larry

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 08:05:52 pm »

This is the third time I'm reporting this, maybe you've got it logged somewhere, but I haven't seen a reply, so I'm not sure.

In all 12.x builds so far I haven't been able to get any tag information shown in any of the Track Info displays. For example, in the DJ Track Info view the box on the left says Title:, Artist:, Album:, etc, but there are no values next to these fields. This is true for all of the preset Track Infos.

Is anyone else seeing this? What could be causing this?

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 11:39:35 pm »

I found some improvements not listed in 12.0.89.  Maybe they are the 12.0.88 undocumented improvements.

The Back, Forward, and Refresh now show up with the Noire skin when using the Negative effect. 8)

The menus appear more readable.  I think they added a slight border so they don’t blend into the background.  Either that or my eyesight is getting better. :o

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 11:54:50 pm »

9. Fixed: Theater View and 3D visualization textures could look garbled on some systems.

Still bad on all my systems. No improvement at all.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36169.0

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

gappie

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 01:18:55 am »

--I have a custom field, "version", which when edited doesn't show a drop-down list, like everything else, but the checkmark list, with a list of entries.  No other field shows this, that I can find.  It's a "general", rather than "audio" field (due to careless setup), but I've got other "general" fields that show the drop-down list, as expected.  Any ideas?

your customfield has as datatype: List (semicolon delimited).

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
  • I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 02:08:09 am »

This new version is awsome.  There's no other way to describe the new toolbar icons than freakin' sweet.  Also, usng the media server now works when using scheduled tasks (such as an alarm clock).  That was a problem area for me before.  Really great work guys.  There is one thing though.  Even though I have "auto size colunms" selected, the colunms are not always auto sized.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 02:54:25 am »

Hello,

I still can't make backups when in AUDIO, VIDEO or IMAGES. I still have distorted letters in theather view menu AND text under thumbnails.

Thanks for fixing the lines in left tree menu in "Blue Steel" skin!
TAG window is much better!

This is what I get when logged in:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/Themes/classic/images/dutch/home.gif  doesn't exist.

Thanks,

Theo

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 03:49:09 am »

Hello Jim,

I noticed a little thing in the TAG files for images/photo's.
Normally the F-number is like F 8,0 (or F 8) or F 5,6 (not F/5.600 or F/8.000)

Regards,

Theo

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 07:58:44 am »

BUG Report (tagging problem):

I just noticed a fairly big bug with editing custom tags.  I use a custom "List" type tag that only offers two possiblities: "Exclude" or "Unassigned."  If ALL the files of any given filetype are "Unassigned" for this tag, NO tag choices appear anywhere -- i.e. when I go to edit this tag in the TW, the place that I NORMALLY see a checkbox labled "Exclude" is blank... there is nothing in the window at all.  This problem includes the Tag window (which is totally blank), the panes in Tagging mode (which no longer offers the "Exclude" checkbox), AND the drop down window of the Track pane (which no longer offers "Exclude" as an option.)

In this situation (all files "unassigned" for this tag) I am totally UNABLE to change this field on ANY of the files of this filetype in the normal way of checking a box or selecting from a dropdown list.  The ONLY way I can change this tag at this point is to click on this field in the track pane and manually type in the ENTIRE word "Exclude" (which I would never know if I didn't already know that this was my ONLY option.)  At this point, ALL the files of this filetype now work normally again, offering me the "Exclude" checkbox and dropdown option.  In other words, if even ONE file of any given filetype is tagged with "Exclude," the "Exclude" checkbox DOES appear in the Tag Window for ALL files of this filetype.

I don't know when this behavior first started, but I know it hasn't always been this way.  I just never noticed it until now since it's been a long time since I had any filetypes with no files tagged with "Exclude."  I recently started including video files on my iPod, however, and since NONE of the files were tagged as "Excluded," I noticed that I was not offered the ability to change the field.

This is a fairly big problem for me since managing my iPods is an important task that I use MC for all the time.

Thanks,

Larry

UPDATE:  This holds true for ANY new "List" type field I create.  When I create such a field, the choices do NOT show up as check boxes or dropdown choices until at least ONE file is tagged with something other than "unassigned."

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 08:45:18 am »

BUG Report:

If I have a custom field selected to be displayed in the TW (i.e. it's checked in the "also show" list) and I delete this field in Options>Library>User Fields, I am left with an empty row in the TW where this tag "used" to be displayed.  In order to get rid of this empty row, I have to re-create this field, then UNcheck it from the "also show" list, THEN delete it.

Larry

ichkriegediekriese

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 09:09:48 am »

BUG Report:

When resuming from S3 MC12 always locks up or is playing the the last song as if the file is corrupt (hangs for a second, skippes a second etc). CPU load is normal.
Bug is reproduceable on my notebook every time with verions 87 and 89.

greetz

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 12:56:40 pm »

Posted earlier:

In Theater View I have a problem displaying the buttons that can be clicked.

Please check following picture. I added the black line to indicate what is wrong:

Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

jgreen

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 02:32:57 pm »

Gappie--

Of course, thanks.  I actually intended for it to be semicolon delimited, so it's a good thing it is.

I'm a little concerned about your avatar, however.  I don't think it's proper to give a cigarette to your RabiCat.  Or is that a PussiBunny?
Pages: [1]   Go Up