INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to force mc11 to use data from the Database when reripping a cd.  (Read 1421 times)

gappie

so i had a crash. and have to rip all my cd's again.  :'( but i had a backup of the database.

but now i have a small problem. in the database i changed alot of data before or after ripping. and now it would be nice if i could use these data when reripping. i guess some pics would make much clearer what i try to ask.

this is how the data in the db alook like.

this is what i see uppon inserting the cd.

so how can i get the date from pic one to the cd in pic 2 before ripping.
i tryed to look through the help files etc. could not find anything. i hoped i overlooked some symple trick.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: how to force mc11 to use data from the Database when reripping a cd.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 03:28:07 am »

This won't help you out immediately, but might in the future:

All your CDs will be in MC's cd database. If you make changes to the entries in there, MC will use those entries next time it sees the CD.

The best suggestion I can come up with quickly off the top of my head is this:

Set aside your library backup for now. Start a new library and re-rip your CDs. Use the same Directory and Filename settings for the new library as you did the old one. When you're done, you should have most, if not all the audio files back where they were before the crash.

Now load up the old library. The files should now be connected (no red crosses). Select all the files, then use the "Update tags from library" tool on them. (Maybe try a few before doing many)

If you kept your audio files filed under a common naming template, that ought to work quite well.

Good luck.

gappie

Re: how to force mc11 to use data from the Database when reripping a cd.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 05:34:16 am »

thanks a lot for the suggestions.
a pity i can not force those links. and your idea about starting up a new database is nice but wont work for me because of the cd i ripped with different information then the yadb provides and that are saved in the cddatabase the right way. but it gave the idea to change the information for the cd's that needed it before hand in the cddatabase. so that it is picked up well when ripping, and i can change the info while there is an other cd being ripped.

so thanks again. your a great help for me, and on this forum as a whole.

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up