INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: split view? or multi-workspace?  (Read 2066 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
split view? or multi-workspace?
« on: June 15, 2006, 04:57:33 am »

you decide. I've never seen this mentioned before.
Say 'split views', 'dual view' or whatever, and my brain just clicks onto "view more than one location in a single view" and it can be rather useful too.

how about:

go "view > split views > choose 2 (or 3) views"

Take the divider for each view and drag it all the way to the top

Now, pick a divider and click on the little arrow pointing down.

Like that? I do. I'm using it atm for some image work, one of my views being the captionator plugin, the other, the library browser. This sorts out a crash problem when using the back command to return to the plugin

When used like this, it's easy to forget you're using multi views, so points to note:

Could be dangerous: Clicking a divider to make a view visible does not make it active. Remember to click inside the view to activate it. Untill you do that, keyboard presses (delete key?) will activate in the now hidden, active view.

MC remembers the split view settings, but not their locations, so, if you have multiple view when you exit, next time you start, you will still have multiple views, in this same, hidden configuration.

After going from split views to single, then back to split views, MC remembers the hidden configuration, so it would appear at first glance that nothing happened.

-marko.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
Re: split view? or multi-workspace?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 02:43:59 pm »

When you say 'pick' a divider, there is only one available if I drag them to the top as MC hides them and only allows for one divider to show.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 04:05:08 pm »

for two views, there's only one, for three, there's two, and I see them both...

gotta dash to work now, mess around some more and if you've not sussed it I'll post screenies in the morning.
Remember the splitters will bounce from the top to bottom of the screen, also, try not to confuse the views internal splitter (panes/filelist) with the splitter that seperates the views themselves.

-marko.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 03:12:48 pm »

Did anyone else try this?
I wonder if my description is lacking something?

It's such a great setup I've now left MC like this. Really handy when you need to be in opposite ends of your library at the same time.

(when looking for the dividers, remember that they jump from the top to the bottom of the screen when clicked)

johnnyboy

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 04:32:34 pm »

I cant follow it - a screen shot would speak a million words!
Pages: [1]   Go Up