INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie - Two Issues - Custom tags and Smartlist Question  (Read 869 times)

cybervinay

• Recent member
Newbie - Two Issues - Custom tags and Smartlist Question
« on: July 14, 2006, 02:25:40 pm »

I need help in acheiving the following

First Issue: I use Mp3 Collector for Tagging. MP3 Collector can tag both ID3 V1 and ID3 V2.
I prefer using ID3 V2 and use the Notes Tag as this can take larger mutiple line text (similar to Lyrics Tag) When I import these tagged MP3 file to MC, The tags in the Notes filed go to Comments Tag (which in MC is Data Type=String and Edit Type=standard) Comments Tag in Tag Info on left bootom is drop down kind and not like Notes Tag which is Popup Type (Edit window pops UP)
I want this comments field to be Popup Type (Data Type=String and Edit Type=Larger Value) or a way to figure out my import so that the Notes Tag on my MP3 maps to Notes tag on the MC11

Second Issue: Again I use MP3 collector to put lot of text in Notes tag and want to create my smartlist based on the partial text in the Notes tag e.g If my Notes Tag contains
-------------------
Hits of Amitabh
Bollywood Hits
Festival Songs
Dance Number
-------------------
I want to be able to create my smartlist by doing a search on the notes field (Say search for Amitabh, Search for Bollywood) and create the smart playlist accordingly. Currently I see that MC11 is allowing me to either select the whole text in the Notes Tag. I think same can be done in Itunes easily

Any tips and advice please

Thanks
Vinay

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Newbie - Two Issues - Custom tags and Smartlist Question
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 03:52:56 pm »

First Issue:
select files > right click > library tools > move/copy fields > source=comment > destination=notes
(remember try a few before doing a load at once)

Second issue:
the search string would be something along the lines of:

[notes]=Amitabh,Bollywood

Pages: [1]   Go Up