INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ Lockups  (Read 1068 times)

dnoyeb

• Recent member
MJ Lockups
« on: September 14, 2002, 10:37:57 am »

For the last 3-4 versions at least since 369.  Basically my first version.  MJ will lockup when it tries to do the CDDB of YADB.  It will lock my whole computer.

THis happened when I had my shuttle ak31, so I got a new abit nv7-133r, but it locks as well.  the ak31 locked on win98 and winXP.  the nv7 is locking the same way on win2K.

I really feel strongly that it is somehow related to the CDROM which is a Toshiba XM-6002B and its a 16X I believe.  I certainly can not rip from it because it locks up as well.  Remember were talking about bringing windows 2K down.  That is a hugh task which leads me to believe its not a deadlock but a race condition.

the recording lockup had the cdrom light on steady and the harddisk light on steady, but I can ctrl-alt-del and close MJ to stop that one.

the DB lockup is unstoppable.

any ideas?

n7v-133r
256mb RAM
20gb harddrive with ~8GB free.
XP1800|PLS|
GF2Ti200
intllimouse optical usb
win2K

also locked on
shuttle ak31 v3.1
win98 and winXP

the cdrom is on its own channel and cable.

dnoyeb

• Recent member
RE:MJ Lockups
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2002, 10:39:03 am »

im using digital output on the cdrom and its in dma mode

dnoyeb

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2002, 11:01:58 am »

well swapped it out with my lite on ltr-301 and now everything is working well.  its in ultra dma mode, but it rips like molases.  but thats ok.  at least it does not kill the OS.  and the other cd rips in my dual celery bp6.  but it rips so slow that its like watching a pot of water boil...well i cant even say if its ripping but its not locking and its doing something...hard drive light and cdrom light are steady on, but nothing seems to be happening.  I can cancel so Im ok.  ill just rip with my cdburner.  the only cd device I bought in the last 3 years

CL Gilbert

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2002, 11:12:22 am »

just wanted to mention that after I canceled the slow rip on my bp6 dual celery box, it has a list of 16 read attempts and failed to read from the CD.  appearantly since I have been ripping in mp3 112, normal and digital secure, it has been stalling with reread attempts.  So basically the CD sucks.

Be nice if you guys had some way of saying "Hey your CDROM appears to suck dude!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up