INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doof: re. Captionator 3000  (Read 1282 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Doof: re. Captionator 3000
« on: July 22, 2006, 10:43:59 am »

Afternoon Doof...

As discussed in this thread, MC12 is now using EXIF information to correctly rotate photographs.

Now Captionator displays portrait photos sideways.  :(

-marko

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Doof: re. Captionator 3000
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 09:25:51 am »

I doubt there's anything I'll be able to do with this. I make a call to MC to give me the image, then I display what it gives me. If MC is doing some automatic rotation, then the SDK should probably have to be updated to provide the rotated version.

Unless I'm using the wrong call to MC. If so, I'd be grateful for any assistance from the JRiver guys on helping me out. I haven't even looked at C3000 in a long time.

One of these days, I have to get around to finishing up the last couple of bug fixes on Lyrics Editor, and then take a look at C3000. My summer is getting pretty crazy. I have no free weekends until late September. :P

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Doof: re. Captionator 3000
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 08:46:01 am »

MC is actually suffering the same problem regarding rotation. A portrait image is correctly rotated in the file list, but if you select one, then bring it up in the 'image' action window, it displays there in landscape view.
Hopefully, this will get fixed along the way somewhere.

I've just run a batch of new photos through captionator. It's so neat.

MC12 now ships with a default [caption] field, and it adopted my pre-existing field created by your plugin with no problem at all, moving it from the user fields list to the standard fields list, maintaining all existing data.
Captions entered via the plugin are written out to an IPTC caption tag in the file.

Late September can't come quick enough :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up