INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maybe the oddest smartlist question ever...  (Read 1139 times)

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
Maybe the oddest smartlist question ever...
« on: July 27, 2006, 02:24:27 pm »

I've got this idea I've been playing with for a while now, but I can't quite execute it.  I know it can be done, but I'm not sure how to do it correctly.

I've got music.  Plenty of that.  And playlists to make them go.
I've got commercials, believe it or not.  Mostly funny things picked up off the net.
I've got radio imaging.  Small 15-30 second files that go on either end of a radio station's commercial break.  And easily accessed through an existing smartlist.

What I want to do is play about twenty minutes of music, play a piece of imaging, play four minutes of funny commercials, another piece of imaging, then more music, repeating the cycle.  Kind of a virtual radio station.  I can do all the components without any trouble.  What I can't seem to do is serially access other smartlists in a smartlist.  What I need is something like this: Playlist=Arena Rock, Playlist=Imaging, Playlist=Ads, Playlist=Imaging (repeat).  But I can't get it to work.

Any suggestions, O Sages of the Smarlists ?

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Maybe the oddest smartlist question ever...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 08:15:20 pm »

Make each playlist, such as ads, randomly select and limit to 4 minutes, or whatever you want.  That should help a little...

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
Re: Maybe the oddest smartlist question ever...
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 08:17:16 pm »

Make each playlist, such as ads, randomly select and limit to 4 minutes, or whatever you want.  That should help a little...

I've gotten that far.  What I need is a smartlist that plays four other smartlists in sequence.  And preferably will retain some of the random sorting that comes with them.  I know there is a way to use Playlists in other Playlists, but every time I add the second one, the whole thing seems to stop working at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up