INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ID3 Tag problem, please help.  (Read 797 times)

seventeen

ID3 Tag problem, please help.
« on: September 13, 2002, 10:29:57 pm »

Dear fellow MJ8 users,

I have been experiencing some trouble in my mp3 collection in that after I import certain songs (usually all songs in a particular album) to my database, I can see the files with the correct ID3v2 tagging info in the media library folder.  Although under the sub-category of artist or album, etc..., it shows the artist's name or the album name, there are no songs listed in these sub-categories.

Can anyone here suggest what I can do in order to solve this problem?  I used to use MusicMatch Jukebox v7.2, but I want to totally switch over to MJ8.

I have even tried to strip all ID3v1 and v2 tag info from the songs, and then enter them back again, but still no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Seventeen

RE:ID3 Tag problem, please help.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2002, 12:03:14 pm »

Can any experienced MJ8 users offer any advice on this subject, please?

A question to the moderator:
Can I get my money back, if no help or solutions are offered?

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2002, 12:09:29 pm »

Make sure the files are not read-only.

Click on Media Library.  Sort the files in the content window on the right by whatever you want (click on the field name at the top of the list), then select the files an album or artist at a time and do properties.

Also explore what the Tools in properties can do.  It can rename the files from the properties or fill the properties from the filename.  Experiment on a few first.

You might try the Help in MJ.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Seventeen

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2002, 08:06:30 pm »

Thanks JimH for your reply.  I have done all you have suggested, but the files still doesn't want to go in the sub-category list for some reason.  I noticed that the songs that didn't show up in any sub-categories at all have something unique about them.  In windows explorer (XP Home), if you hover the cursor over the song, these particular songs show "Type: MP3 file" and "Size: (file size in Mb)" only, whereas songs that can be sorted to the sub-categories show a lot more info, such as Artist, album, year...

Do you think the mp3 files are corrupted?  If so, are there any programs that can fix these files?  And why can MMJB display these files without any problems?

I hope this is not too much to ask from you guys.

Thanks.
Erwin.

joe mama

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2002, 02:11:53 am »

What program did you use to write the tags? Is it possible you have inadvertently used ID3v2.4 instead of v2.3?  I don't know if MJ reads v2.4? Many programs don't.  Is MMJB capable of writing v2.4 tags?  How did you strip the tags?  Maybe try using a program like ID3Kill to strip the tags.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up