INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.43  (Read 2149 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.43
« on: July 27, 2006, 05:10:59 pm »

Download:

12.0.43 (7/27/06)

1. NEW (but broken): MPC encoder included with build.
2. Fixed: Associating with protocols (like pcast://) would not always work / stick properly.
3. Fixed: When an auto-complete tree tooltip was showing, a double-click wouldn't properly start playback.
4. Fixed: Video thumbnailing could stall out on some files.
5. Fixed: Possible video thumbnailing crash.

12.0.42 (7/26/06)

1. Fixed: Playing a WMV video would cause MC to unnecessarily flag the file for a tag write.
2. Fixed: Accessing the automation SDK from an external program was not working properly when the player was not running first.
3. Fixed: Sometimes album analysis could be too ambitious, causing slowdowns during import.
4. Optimized: Improved the speed of the album analyzer. (calculated album gain, mix albums, etc.)
5. Fixed: OSD did not work for TV playback.
6. Fixed: OSD without a time limit did not work.
7. Optimized: Improved thumbnail building speed.
8. Changed: "Set Display" menu only appears for playback types where there are more than one choice.
9. Changed: Added a Tools menu (top-left icon) to "Display" Action Window.
10. Changed: Theater View does an "Open" on an item when pressing 'Enter' and play when pressing 'Space'. (right-click or use menu keyboard button to see menu)
11. Changed: Mouse wheel in Theater View always operates the list of items. (instead of using the focused section)
12. Changed: Shortcuts for forward and back weren't working in Theater View. (mouse buttons / backspace, etc.)

12.0.41 (7/24/06)

1. NEW: Thumbnail list drawing is fully thread parallelized resulting in nearly a 2x speedup on dual-core machines. (and 10-15% speedup with Hyper-threading machines)
2. Fixed: License restore could fail in some cases.
3. Changed: When a trial expires, the countdown "Continue" button is no longer shown.
4. Changed: Links that show up on thumbnails no longer clickable until they fully fade-in. (to avoid accidental clicks on selection)
5. Changed: Reworked QuickTime initialization and cleanup code.
6. New: MC can get thumbnails for certain QuickTime formatted video podcasts.
7. Changed: Thumbnail lists show tooltips. (unless they're thumbnails of groupings)
8. Changed: Tooltips do a better job of sizing to wide-screen style images.
9. Fixed: Installer would show duplicates in the file association list.
10. Fixed: Skin Manager's task bar icon wouldn't look as good as expected.
11. Fixed: In the Tag Action Window, switching pages while editing a list-type field could leave an edit control visible.

12.0.40 (7/21/06)

1. Changed: German language translation updated.
2. Changed: Digital TV signal strength is represented as a percentage for known HDTV devices, instead of absolute numbers. For unknown devices it is still represented as an absolute number.
3. Changed: Recent Playing Nows are no longer shown in handheld sync playlist list.
4. Changed: Handheld sync playlist list isn't all expanded by default.
5. Changed: Library Manager could not be shown while some background tools were working.
6. Optimized: Improved performance of thumbnail lists.

12.0.39 (7/20/06)

1. Fixed: Switching a thumbnail list to details could result in an empty list being shown.
2. Fixed: Media Center would fail to load a blank library.
3. Fixed: Browsing input plugins with Plugin Manager did not work properly.
4. Fixed: Switching between sharing plugins could cause a crash.
5. Fixed: Video thumbnail building would not build a thumbnail if a previous thumbnail had been built on basis of an image file on disk, and the local image file no longer existed.
6. NEW: Skinning engine supports custom hit boxes for certain skin items. (implement by adding a 5th image to a skin item that defines the hit area)
7. Fixed: It was possible to highlight multiple control buttons at once with the Noire skin.
8. Changed: Removed manual vs sync mode selection -- instead just pick playlists if you want syncing.

12.0.38 (7/19/06)

1. Changed: Renamed "Configure Debug Logging..." to "Logging...".
2. Changed: Removed images from installer Express / Custom selection screen.
3. Optimized: Several more startup optimizations.
4. Fixed: A few issues related to the threaded loading system.
5. Fixed: Views with stacks could be much slower to load than expected. (introduced a build or two ago)
6. Fixed: Auto import could do a UI update after external folder changes even if they didn't change anything in the library.
7. Fixed: Pressing enter on an image to go to fullscreen and then pressing enter again to return would leave the keyboard focus stranded.
8. Changed: (Experimental) Added code to clear media events queue in DirectShow thumbnail grabber and DirectShow playback tester.
9. Fixed: Library Server would miscount the number of open connections, preventing access.
10. Fixed: Streaming Quicktime media could not be played.
11. Fixed: List selection while holding shift+down arrow would unselect everything once reaching the end of the list.
12. Fixed: Visualizations could run very slowly. (introduced in build 37)

12.0.37 (7/18/06)

1. NEW: New highly threaded loading system, providing much faster program start times.
2. Fixed: "Detach Display" command could fight with other commands in the same menu.
3. Changed: Detaching the display while in Display View will bring the program back to standard view.
4. Changed: Changing display options would reattach a detached display.
5. Fixed: Using a detached display in fullscreen could cause the main application to also lock to a maximized state.
6. Changed: Updated TLB for use with VB6.
7. NEW: Revised the "Detach Display" system to work nicely with multiple detached displays from different zones. (so you can watch TV detached while browsing images in a different zone, etc.)
8. Fixed: When choosing a child of view scheme and then expanding a different media type, the tree wouldn't logically update.
9. Fixed: Media Editor transforms were not working.
10. Fixed: The CD Baby and Audio Lunchbox services weren't getting installed.
11. Fixed: HTTP Pipelining was not working for content without a length. This broke (at least) Library Server, maybe other things.
12. Changed: Updated thumbnailing engine for improved performance. (thumbnails will need to be rebuilt)
13. Fixed: HTTP Server was sending files without content length.
14. Fixed: Marquee selection in icon lists of small icons could work incorrectly.
15. Fixed: WAV input plugin got included in the build, causing WAV playback to fail.

12.0.36 (7/17/06)

1. Fixed: Thumbnails with no thumbnail text could cause a drawing crash in some cases.
2. Optimized: Substantial speed and memory improvements in lists with thumbnails. (thumbnail lists or details lists with album-icons)
3. Fixed: Importing Jpeg files added a space and comma to the places field (when there were no IPTC city state & country tags)
4. Fixed: Importing WAV files did not get duration and bitrate data.
5. Fixed: WAV files could not be converted to other types (showing "Unsupported Type").
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

datdude

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.43
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 10:03:00 pm »

I am noticing in recent builds that the split view menu is not always avialalbe to use, it simply is missing, even though I may have 2 views open.  Then at some point, can't track this down though, the menu re-appears.  Has happened several times.

ALSO Ipod is not AUTO ejecting after snyc like it should, I have to manually do it from explorer.  First time I have tried it with MC 12.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Marty3d

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 02:24:16 am »

3. Fixed: When an auto-complete tree tooltip was showing, a double-click wouldn't properly start playback.

Fantastic! You can now double-click on the tooltipped item and play it, but now you cannot navigate the scroll list when the tooltip is over it. If you hover an item with a tooltip and then put your mouse over the scroll list, you notice that you can't move it.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 02:39:02 am »

Re. Pane corruption (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34873.msg237840#msg237840)

If you can't reproduce after this, I give up....

It appears to be a combination of 3 things....
Create a viewscheme with 12 or more panes, a [filename (path)] inclusion rule in step 4 and set it so that there are no scroll bars in at least the first pane. In my tests this morning using 13 randomly selected panes, the effect spilled over into the second pane too.

If you don't see the corruption as soon as you OK the viewscheme dialogue (scroll bars?) select somewhere else (I used the default audio node) and then go <back>.

See it now? Please say 'yes' :)

Note that the corruption should be apparent after going back, if it's not, try mousing over the pane entries. Selecting a file in the list sometimes fixes it, sometimes not.

You may think that 12 panes is excessive, but at my default screen res. of 1650 x 1080, it's not. It's a great image tagging viewscheme. I load it up and hide the tree and tag away to my hearts content. If I need something verified, the locate tool works well, and the back command should take me back to carry on where I left off.

Bear in mind that through all of this, I'm in 'just starting out, mass tagging mode' and I'm sure that once I'm on top of things my strategies may change slightly. I won't be the only one treading this path in the near future, so, I still feel my constant image file badgering is valid.
I'm not afraid to do or say anything that be a bit off target, or perhaps just plain dumb, so, please, if I do, don't mock me, educate me. So far, I think I'm doing OK.
I've really concetrated heavily on work related viewschemes so far, having just knocked together a couple of test 'playback' viewschemes to see how my theory's shaping up... and as I said, it's looking positive.
I do hope you guys still plan to get IPTC caption tag writing in there somehow...
* marko tails off, remembering this is going in the bug thread...

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 07:37:33 am »

I did like you described. I created a 13 pane view scheme, made sure the first two panes had really short lists so they didn't have scrollbars, and created a rule of [Filename (path)]=\Personal

I couldn't get it to corrupt the way you show it. Is it possibly your video driver or something similar?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 08:30:12 am »

Marko,

Could you send me a library backup so we're using the same everything?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 09:41:59 am »

I am getting occasional silent quits with this build (12.0.43) and the previous one.

I'm not quite sure what brings it on - just general navigation through the panes.

I am using a network share on a RAID NAS, if that helps.

Media Center Registered 12.0.43 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 2209 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2096 MB, Free - 1509 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-111    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /
Pages: [1]   Go Up