Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD info  (Read 910 times)

EasyEd

CD info
« on: September 13, 2002, 05:17:33 pm »

How come WMP can find some of my CD but MJ can't? Since there is an AMG logo at the bottom of the CD info on WMP I suspect they are using Allmusic.  Why isn't this an option on MJ.  Or as an alternative how about the ability to import CD info from the WMP database which I'm sure, is located somewhere on my PC.

Galley

RE:CD info
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2002, 08:01:50 pm »

I have found that AllMusic has numerous errors.  YADB is based on the FreeDB, so it should work well.  Besides, volunteers like myself are working on fixing duplicate entries, etc.

sekim

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2002, 01:55:22 am »

Just play something and click on the Playing Now "|PLS|". There you will find Artist Info. Select and it will open an Allmusic web page right in MJ. Must be connected.

EsayEd

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2002, 10:17:53 am »

I'm not trying to just get the Allmusic page.  I was suggesting that there should be a way for getting the CD info from Allmusic to populate the tags as an alternative to CDDB (similarto whatTag&Rename does).  Just pulling up the page and not getting the song titles, etc into MJ is not very useful

Also, if MJ can't find the CD in CDDB,or FreeDB,  then clicking on "find cd" or "artist info" will not result in anything useful appearing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up