INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FLAC conversion crashes  (Read 1919 times)

edbro

• Citizen of the Universe
FLAC conversion crashes
« on: July 27, 2006, 11:30:53 pm »

Queue a bunch of songs for a conversion and then stop the batch before it is done will crash MC 11.1.190 every time.

SwellGuy

FLAC conversion crashes
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 02:20:01 pm »

Can you give us more specifics? Converting what to what? Update library, during a transfer, etc.

Thanks

edbro

FLAC conversion crashes
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 02:37:29 pm »

Yes, sorry.
I was converting about 12 flac files to mp3. Conversions tend to overheat my laptop so I have to watch it and abort if temps creep up too high. If I abort the above job before it is finished, MC will simply terminate. I tried this with different files, all flac to mp3, and it always would terminate MC after aborting the conversion.

This is a simple conversion, not transferring to a device. Converting from flac in one directory and having the conversion place the new files in the default directory.

Craig

• MC Beta Team
FLAC conversion crashes
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 03:57:31 pm »

I've had the conversion crash too.

I have a folder set up as a device, this folder is a synced mp3 version of my flac library.

If I click on cancel while it is being synced, MC crashes out.

Hope this helps

Craig
MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: FLAC conversion crashes
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 09:25:38 am »

The FLAC decoder is a 3rd party plugin written by Scot Thompson.  He's a great guy.

Hopefully he can shed some light on this.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

scthom

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 07:57:47 pm »

I've had the conversion crash too.

I have a folder set up as a device, this folder is a synced mp3 version of my flac library.

If I click on cancel while it is being synced, MC crashes out.

I was converting about 12 flac files to mp3. Conversions tend to overheat my laptop so I have to watch it and abort if temps creep up too high. If I abort the above job before it is finished, MC will simply terminate. I tried this with different files, all flac to mp3, and it always would terminate MC after aborting the conversion.

This is a simple conversion, not transferring to a device. Converting from flac in one directory and having the conversion place the new files in the default directory.

Do you know which version of the decoder (input) plugin you are using?  (Check by using Tools->Plug-in Manager).  Make sure you have the latest one from http://mcplugins.sourceforge.net.  Is it only 190 or did this happen with 189 or 188?  I had been using 188 without any similar crashes.

Unfortunately, my computer at home is down until parts arrive (should be up and running by this weekend - building a new one so it'll take a day or two to get everything loaded) so I can't verify the bug yet.  In the mean time I can only login from work so I'll be a bit sporadic until then.  Just pretend I'm on vacation somewhere tropical  ::)  I'll work on it when I get back  ;D

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 03:48:39 am »

Scott,

I didn't noticed the problem untill I checked what edbro had said so I can't confirm whether it's just related to the later builds.

I was using decoder 1.6.6  so i've updated to 1.6.7 and will let you know how it goes.

Craig
MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

scthom

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 12:09:32 pm »

Any update?

PS The computer at home is working now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up