INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple IPOD sync problems  (Read 1302 times)

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Multiple IPOD sync problems
« on: August 03, 2006, 05:29:34 pm »

When syncing more than one IPOD MC 11.1.190 does not remember each one's name.  Example. Nano 1 is registered to MC and some playlists are put on it.  Next Nano 2 is registered to MC and different playlists are put on it.  Then maybe I plug my creative zen xtra in and register and load playlists. 
When I go back to Nano 1 or Nano 2 MC acts as if it has never seen the player and asks for a name then I must remember which playlists I selected the first time and reselect them.  I would think that MC should remember players as they are registered to MC.  Is this not true??
Once I reenter the Playlists it only syncs the items not synced before, but I would think it should remember each player....  Thanks for your help

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Multiple IPOD sync problems
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 10:07:01 am »

JimH
Is this the way this is suspose to work??

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 06:41:36 am »

Are you plugging them into the same connection port each time?  I'm not sure about this, but a device "may" not be recognized if you plug it into a different port.

I know that with the ipods I've tried on my system, it always remembers them, but I always plug then into the same port each time.

Larry

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 08:13:51 am »

So you have mutiple IPODS that you plug in a different times.  That sames to be the problem. 
I will try plugging in to the same port and see if that helps.  I guess I thought it named each on the unit itself so it could recognize each the next time they were plugged in.

JimH
Can we get a professional answer to this question.  Is it a pug or are we doig something wrong?

Gary

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 01:10:20 am »

I'm actually suddenely having sync problems with multiple iPods as well.  Every time I switch to the "other" iPod, it forgets the first one, and asks me if I want to use it as a handheld player.  It's interesting to note, however, that MC still remembers all the settings for this iPod -- i.e. when I say "yes," it comes up with the handheld config screen, and the settings are correct.  Even the specific playlist I use for this iPod is correctly checked.

One of the iPods connects to the system via USB2 (a 5G) while the other one connects via firewire (3G.)  I'm not trying to sync them while both are connected -- I eject one and connect the other.

On a side note, the MC "eject" feature is no longer working.  I have to use the windows taskbar "eject" feature to eject the iPod.

There have been several changes to the iPod recently (since around 188 or 190), so I believe that one of these may have messed up the iPod functionality a bit.  I didn't have these issues a month or so ago.

Thanks,

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up