INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center recognizing multiple Ipods.  (Read 1201 times)

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Media Center recognizing multiple Ipods.
« on: August 07, 2006, 08:15:38 am »

I consider this a bug

When syncing more than one IPOD MC 11.1.190 does not remember each one's name.  Example. Nano 1 is registered to MC and some playlists are put on it.  Next Nano 2 is registered to MC and different playlists are put on it.  Then maybe I plug my creative zen xtra in and register and load playlists.
When I go back to Nano 1 or Nano 2 MC acts as if it has never seen the player and asks for a name then I must remember which playlists I selected the first time and reselect them.  I would think that MC should remember players as they are registered to MC.  Is this not true?Huh
Once I reenter the Playlists it only syncs the items not synced before, but I would think it should remember each player....  Thanks for your help

SwellGuy

Re: Media Center recognizing multiple Ipods.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 09:35:11 am »

TXgary,

I'm not sure why this is happening. If you're comfortable working with the registry you can take a look at...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 11\Portable Devices\Detected Devices

We use something called a canonical name to identify devices. Let us know how many entries there are for your Nano's. Ideally there will be one entry for each Nano. If there is only one entry that will explain why the syncing assignments are getting lost and if there are several entries that could explain why it's treating the device like a new device. Make sure before you check the registry that you have connected both Nano's and the Xtra (one at a time or all at the same time) while in MC so that it can generate the registry entries.

NOTE:
Make sure when you connect another device you aren't selecting "Redetect All Devices..." that will erase all saved device information and treat devices as though it's never seen them before.

Regards,
Rick

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Media Center recognizing multiple Ipods.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 10:02:45 am »

Ok
I plugged in the zen first and it was recognized correctly
I then plugged in one of the nano's and it was recognized correctly.
I do not have the other nano's as my kids have them somewhere..
I went to the registry and only two (the correctly named two) are there.  Everything looks good at this point. 
I think the redetect may have caused the problem, but MC was not recognizing the device so I chose Redetect....

I will see how the others connect and let you know.
Thanks for your help
Pages: [1]   Go Up