INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.50  (Read 3013 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.50
« on: August 07, 2006, 05:12:43 pm »

Download:

12.0.50 (8/7/06)

1. Changed: Action Windows don't have minimize and close buttons. (one or the other)
2. Fixed: When using small thumbnails in lists with many images, scrolling fast could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: If auto-import was removing a missing file that was also in Playing Now, it could cause a dead-lock.
4. Optimized: Building stacks for thumbnails views operates up to four times faster.
5. Fixed: Some existing IPTC tags (ones not recognized by MC) did not get saved when IPTC tags got written out.
6. Changed: Some tag window tweaks.

12.0.48 (8/4/06)

1. Changed: For DirectShow video thumbnailing, Sample Grabber method is no longer used when DirectVobSub filter is involved.
2. Changed: For DirectShow video thumbnailing, Sample Grabber method is no longer used for DVR-MS file type.
3. NEW: Skins support specifying an alpha for menu translucancy. (see Noire for an example)
4. NEW: Tooltips do a quick fade in when displaying.
5. Changed: Removed thumbnail list scroll animation -- made program feel slower instead of smoother.

12.0.47 (8/3/06)

1. NEW: Added thumbnail list animation to smooth scrolling, thumb sizing, and view changes.
2. Optimized: File arrays (used everywhere -- database, lists, searches, etc.) use 1/2 the memory and operate faster.
3. Optimized: Improved loading speed of and memory usage for databases with many large playlists.
4. Changed: Search friendly style tokens are displayed using translated field display names instead of internal field names.
5. Changed: Search box menu now displays field names as translated display names. (instead of translated internal names)
6. Fixed: Sort cache could require more sorts than expected before a search would load out of cache.
7. Fixed: The search box menu would not be clickable when a friendly token was scrolled over it.
8. Changed: When changing thumbnail sizes, the view does a better job of staying centered on the same images.
9. Fixed: IE7b3 no longer causes connectivity problems.
10. NEW: Writes IPTC tags to JPEG image files.

12.0.46 (8/1/06)

1. Fixed: DirectShow video player could not handle Windows Media security upgrade when playing licensed WM video.
2. Optimized: Starting playback of a large slideshow of images is many times faster.
3. Optimized: Drag-n-drop of large numbers of files into a playlist is many times faster.
4. Optimized: Doing actions that caused a refresh while large numbers of files were selected is now many times faster.
5. Optimized: Deleting large numbers of files from a playlist can be several times faster.
6. Optimized: When many files were selected in a list, switching focus to and from the list is now faster.
7. Optimized: "Automatic" list style is faster at choosing details vs thumbnnails for large lists.
8. Optimized: Playing large lists of images while audio is playing uses far less memory and starts much faster.
9. Optimized: Improved the performance of switching views.
10. Fixed: 2D visualization selection wasn't working for languages other that english.
11. Changed: CDLabeler is now skinned and translated.

12.0.45 (7/31/06)

1. Changed: "Documents" tree item is no longer shown in the same row as audio, images, video.
2. Changed: Tag window better handles files with empty name or date fields.
3. Changed: Action Window header text stays centered even with an uneven number of buttons on each side.
4. Changed: When copying from a thumbnail list to the clipboard, the text component is empty. (instead of showing column headers with no data)
5. Optimized: Improved performance when dropping or pasting large numbers of files into a list.
6. Optimized: Improved speed when dealing with large playlists.
7. Fixed: Long lists of thumbnails would be slower than expected during scrolling.
8. Changed: When scrolling in a list with thumbnails that aren't built, thumbnails will get built top-down instead of bottom-up.
9. Changed: Minor UI tweaks in DirectShow player (contex menu rearrangement, dialog control resizing etc.).
10. Fixed: Library backup / restore dialogs would lock the database while visible -- causing a possible hang of the application.
11. Fixed: In the Tag Action Window, clicking a rating while another field was being edited could cause a crash.
12. Changed: If only one file that couldn't play in Playing Now, Media Center would loop playback until there were 3 consecutive playback errors.
13. Fixed: Videos that failed to load weren't being properly handled.
14. Fixed: Stoppping a video (or playing a new video) right when a video was loading could cause a dead-lock.
15. Changed: MP3 decoder was using debug code -- causing slowdowns compared to MC 11. (in Audio Analysis, etc.)
16. Fixed: Creating a Virtual Device that pointed to the same location as files imported into Media Center could cause import to import duplicates.
17. Changed: New tree control used in MC 12 wouldn't scroll / auto-expand during drag-n-drop.

12.0.44 (7/28/06)

1. Changed: Video Priority filter is no longer used.
2. Fixed: MPC encoder was not installing properly.
3. Fixed: Any thumbnail list with more than one file that used the same thumbnail could cause a crash.

12.0.43 (7/27/06)

1. NEW: MPC encoder included with build.
2. Fixed: Associating with protocols (like pcast://) would not always work / stick properly.
3. Fixed: When a auto-complete tree tooltip was showing, a double-click wouldn't properly start playback.
4. Fixed: Video thumbnailing could stall out on some files.
5. Fixed: Possible video thumbnailing crash.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

datdude

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.50
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 05:40:57 pm »

6. Changed: Some tag window tweaks.

Nic job on the spacing between the rating and album field!
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

jgreen

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 06:05:04 pm »

--I don't think removing the minimum buttons in AW works at all.  Navigation is now fairly dysfunctional, particularly as playing now and tree views won't share nicely.  Have you guys tried this?  If you want to go back and forth between a playlist and playing now you have to search through "build playlist/edit playing now" every time you want to get to it. 

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 06:13:41 pm »

Nice fixes thanks, but my Bug is still exist.

Get Tags from Filenames does not function in another language except English.
it does nothing when i use german, french, etc.

In the dialogue the translated words for are artist, TRACK etc., indicated however mc used here the English words.

MC should the translated words from language.txt use here.
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 06:24:44 pm »

Another old Bug from MC11 ist still exist...

When forwarding a track with CTRL+SHIFT+RIGHT the title exceeds its lengthens…

a title of 4 min can take so 1 hour:)  ? - The song begins to ends again from beginn.

Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 06:36:37 pm »

Bugs for MC 12.0.50

• Not sure if this is an MC or a G-Force or an MC bug, but with G-Force running, the right click menu on the display window doesn't work correctly. Same goes for the display menu in Display View.
  • Click on the DSP Studio button.

While DSP Studio's open, right click on the DSP Studio button.
Now close the DSP Studio window.
On my system, MC pops behind all of the other open windows.
  • MC doesn't remember its size when returning from a non-maximized Display View
  • MC doesn't remember its size when you have "Minimize to System Tray" set, MC is minimized, and then you close MC from the tray icon's menu
  • Whenever I go to "Add Folder To Library" it always has the folder I last added in the box. Shouldn't it clear it out from one addition to the next?
  • Occasionally when I exit, MC12 will go into "stupid mode" where it's trying to save tag changes to some file (it never tells me which one) and it can't. This wouldn't be so bad except that it never seems to give up, so I have this "Saving tag changes (1 remaining)" message on my screen forever and the only way to get out of it is to kill the MC12 process. And of course then I never get a message telling me what file it couldn't update the tag for, so I can't ever fix it.
  • The Noire Theater View skin's underpants are showing... (I'm assuming... the blue menus don't seem to really fit, so I'm assuming they're left overs from the original Hairstyle skin?)

[/list]

Requests
  • Any chance that menu transparencies could be a Skin Effects setting rather than force users to dig for and edit an XML file to change transparency settings or turn then on or off for a skin?
  • In a Detailed view of Albums, the total number of tracks for an album is displayed under the "Track #" field. Wouldn't it be better to have that field called "Tracks" or "# Tracks" in that view?
  • And since we have these new details views, can we get smarter columns? For instance, in an Artist/Album view scheme, when your at the Artist level in Details mode, rather than <varies>, how about the number of albums for that Artist? Same goes for any view scheme... like Genre/Artist/Album, how about the Genre name, followed by the number of Artists, number of Albums, etc?
  • Any chance that the Display AW could have seperate settings than the main Playing Now? It would be great to have a Track Info displayed when you're in Playing Now, but then just show Images when you're not in Playing Now. Actually, it would be great if we could show both at the same time.

System Info

Media Center Registered 12.0.50 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 1004 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 450 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5450.4 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive Z:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\notify.wav

Burning /  Drive Z: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-109    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 06:38:13 pm »

3. Fixed: If auto-import was removing a missing file that was also in Playing Now, it could cause a dead-lock.

that may have been a problem i had when MC was stuck
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 07:11:48 pm »

German Translation update...
http://www.netcologne.de/~nc-bauerro7/mc12de.zip

How do I get the file directly in the “DATA \ LANGUAGEs \ German” Folder?

this is my install file.
-------------------------
[Package]
Name=MC12 German Translation
Action=UNZIPDIR
Version=1.0.0
URL=http://www.netcologne.de/~nc-bauerro7/mc12dea.zip

[Action]
File1=*.*
File1Action1=COPY_INSTALLDIR
File2=language.cmd
File2Action1=RUN

this is the language.cmd
-------------------------------
move language.txt Data\Languages\German
move credits.txt Data\Languages\German
del language.cmd

jgreen

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 09:06:51 pm »

--Tag (window) is still the only window in the left side (or anywhere in MC-land) that doesn't obey accelerated wheel scrolling.

--New Tag (window) seems to load slower than previous versions.  I'm guessing this is because it has to load the entire set of tags, as opposed to user-defined subsets, as before.  At any rate this "seems slow", at least at a first pass.

--I can confirm Doof's display view non-maximized/not remembering thing, FWIW.

--I'm having trouble getting MC (and WMP) to play my DVDs, which I blame on a personal issue.  However, one aspect of this is that the "DVD Player" expands to a 2-inch rectangle in the upper left corner and stays there, burrowed in like a tick.  No border, no explanation, just 2 inches of black space.  Any of this ring a bell?

Marty3d

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 04:01:44 am »

Bug or am I stupid?
In Tag, I added [Keywords] to the tag window. THen I clicked on [Keywords] and checked two to the current file (not playing). Closing that window I returned to Tag, but the checked keywords weren't there. So I went into [keywords] again and they were not checked anymore.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 03:17:23 pm »

1.  Alt-1 Goes to Start? should this be updated to reflect new design
2.  Using [disc #] in thumbnail text does not work
http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=discgoneuj4.png

(In that view I could use [Name] which works(Which I still believe is wrong), but
the effect is global anyhow, where ever you use [disc #] nothing comes up?)
3. There's no hover state for the close button in Frame Windows
4. The following causes a button to remain in the mouse down state even tho the mouse button is no longer down in a Frame Window:
> Click Button
> Move mouse away from button without releasing click
> Once away from button release click
5.  In Display view when Maximized there is no minimize button.
When in windowed display view there is a minimize button,
surely either it has one or it doesn't?
Pages: [1]   Go Up