INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art scrambled again  (Read 2543 times)

hottuna

Cover art scrambled again
« on: December 28, 2007, 09:31:18 pm »

I've been giving MC12 the old college try over the holidays and the cover art problem came back to haunt me again - it worked for several syncs over the past few days but tonight they're all scrambled again and most don't match the albums anymore.  Since all my cover art is embedded in the MP3 files it would be nice if MC could update the iPod from the cover art in the files (if it exists) during the sync, sounds simple, I'm sure it's not.  The only thing I did differently today is open iTunes to check for new versions, there were none.  I"m sure that's what caused the problem, but it still shouldn't require me to reinitialize and re-sync 11000 files. 

SwellGuy

Re: Cover art scrambled again
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 07:38:59 pm »

We have an idea what is causing this - we'll look into it Monday.

I believe a workaround to keep this from occuring is to run the Compact utility in the right-click menu for your iPod after syncing and before ejecting.

To recover from the scramble you have now you will have to re-sync your files.

SwellGuy

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 02:08:26 pm »

This will be fixed in build 12.0.404.

harvey

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 12:04:48 pm »

I am having the same problem with the latest built of MC12 and IPod firmware. I tried to restore the IPOD and resynced  everything (5.5 hours) last night but the cover art are still all scrambled (cover art doesn't match song), even though it is correct in MC12.  I save all the cover art in the tag.
Please help. This is a very annoying problem.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 12:10:00 pm »

12.0.476 is the latest.  Is that what you have?

harvey

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 04:49:08 pm »

yes

SwellGuy

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 09:17:38 am »

What iPod do you have?

harvey

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 10:03:48 am »

Ok, it's working now. I had to initialize the IPod from within MC12.  Before, I was restoring from Itunes.  I have another question though, how exactly is cover art information stored in MC12.
I keep my cover arts within the tags but I also have to setup a folder to store them. I would like to be able to not have any cover arts stored in that folder but I don't have that option.
Also, what if the cover art in the tag is different than the associated .jpg in the folder, which one is displayed in MC12 and consequently in the IPod
btw, I have 5.5 G IPod.

SwellGuy

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 09:59:30 am »

The artwork that is sent to the iPod is the same image that is used by MC. If MC uses an image stored in the files tags, that is sent to the iPod. If MC uses an image on disk, that is sent to the iPod. To see what MC is using, select a file, right-click and select Tag from the menu, and click on the image in the Tag window. Now hover the mouse over the image and a popup message will tell you where the image that MC is using is coming from. How the images are stored is determined by the settings in Tools > Options > File Location > Cover Art.

Several different sizes of each cover art image are sent to the iPod and contiguously packed into ithmb files. These files are not viewable or editable by image software.

harvey

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 10:25:04 am »

How can I get MC to use the image in the file only? Isn't there a way to save the cover art inside the tag only and not have them stored externally as well?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 10:33:09 am »

Several different sizes of each cover art image are sent to the iPod and contiguously packed into ithmb files. These files are not viewable or editable by image software.

Could this explain the capacity problems I've been reporting with the iPod Touch?

SwellGuy

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 12:20:34 pm »

How can I get MC to use the image in the file only? Isn't there a way to save the cover art inside the tag only and not have them stored externally as well?

Don't worry about the external files. If you don't want them around, delete them, but just keep in mind that not all files can store album art internally.

harvey

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 12:30:13 pm »

The only file type I use is .mp3 so I don't have to worry about anything else. thanks for the help, I will check my files tonight to see where the album arts are located.
Pages: [1]   Go Up