INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 12 problems  (Read 1849 times)

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
  • I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
MC 12 problems
« on: August 11, 2006, 10:21:30 am »

My previous post was in the wrong thread, so I just copied it here.  I really like version 12 a lot.  If I could I would blop down my $20 right now.  It really is pretty sweet.  You should all give yourselves a big pat on the back.  There are a couple thing I wish were improved upon more in version 12, such as the DSP studio; I wish there were a lot more equalizer presets.  There seems to be no difference between version 12 and version 11 in this respect.

Also, the tree menus don't seem to auto exand and hide even with those items selected under the options menue.

And I can't seem to get my rio karma to work.  It is shown in the device manager but doesn't work with MC.  (This is not a new issue).  I just thought that wuold have been resolved.  I can't seem to get the Eqdb plugin to work properly.  I  followed the directions, as I have done befor with MC 11.  This time though nothing shows up.  (See: here )

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 12 problems
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 10:37:57 am »

Nathan--

Changes made to 12.x mean that scthom's plugins need to be modified to work with it.  So far, he has kindly rushed to get the FLAC decoder upgraded, so we can all listen to FLAC in MC 12.  His great EQdb plugin still requires modification to work with MC 12.

Yes, the EQ system is the same in 12 as in 11x.  If you want to try a different system, you might try using the DirectX host and external Para EQ's, or EQ's with more pre-loaded presets.

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 12:04:28 pm »

Is there any way that EQ presets can be shared?  That would be a lot easier that messing around with all kinds of other plugins.

jgreen

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 12:23:47 pm »

Regarding EQ presets, you can name and save what you've done within the DSP Studio EQ and reload them at will.  I don't know how you would share that specific setting info outside MC or with others, but you can share EQdb field data, certainly.  Users could create EQ settings via EQdb and then share their results, the alphabet soup you see in the data field, presumably without any data ownership implications. 

Ultimately, a database could be assembled via King Sparta's revolutionary Data Master plugin, which currently oncly exists in conceptual form inside Sparta's skull, but I'm hopeful.   

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 12:31:36 pm »

So then I guess the short answer is no, equalizer presets (from within MC) cannot be transfered to any other person.  That is a bummer.  I had hoped created attention would have been given to improve features that were already existent in MC 11 in MC 12 rather than improving other areas first.  I guess I am in the minority in that though.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 01:25:25 pm »

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 11\Plugins\DSP\MJ DSP\EQ Presets

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\Plugins\DSP\MJ DSP\EQ Presets

If you know what the above lines mean you can transfer the EQ presets between separate MC instances and even between MC11.1 and MC12.0 if you edit an exported reg file a bit.

Though, an user friendly solution for backing up saved presets and options would be welcomed.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 04:02:27 pm »

So if someone that had a bunch of presets was willing to share them, then theoretically then can be transfered from to another system via those registry entries you provided?  That sounds easy enough.  Anyone willing to share?

jgreen

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 05:55:09 pm »

Nathan--

Alex B's solution will (apparently) get you exactly what you want, and I'm glad to learn it myself.  However, I would point out that every available setting in the MC EQ corresponds to a keyboard button (upper and lower case).  So that if you have EQdb installed, you can control and share presets via eleven characters, rather than a registry key, which gives me the shivers.

Therefore if you wish to share a flat EQ setting:

OOOOOOOOOOO

would be the setting that you could post, and others with EQdb could copy into their systems and save internally to the EQ.

Sorry that this short answer is longer than the long one, but I think that the tools are there for MC to do exactly what you want, one way or another.
Pages: [1]   Go Up