INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EphPod having problem with tags - Help  (Read 741 times)

Joe Z.

EphPod having problem with tags - Help
« on: September 13, 2002, 04:41:07 am »

I know some of you use Ephpod with Ipod's.  For my 20GB Windows version, Ephpod stops during the synchronzation for about 100 of 800 songs and brings up a dialog box to modify the tag.  When I look at the fields, the common thing for these 100 files is that the Artist is missing.  I have everything tagged in MJ and set to update tags.  Also, when I look at these files in Explorer, the Artist shows up fine.  But, still Ephod stops, asks to modify and Artist is blank.  This makes for a very slow transfer of songs and there is no way in ephpod to skip this modify dialog.  It stops and prompts 100 out of 800 transfers!

The common attribute I see with these songs is that the Title tag has a "-" in it.  For example the Title tag = "Bruce Springteen - I'm on Fire" and this would choke during import, bring up modify and the Artist field would be blank even though Artist in MJ reads "Bruce Springsteen".  I am going to try to use MJ tonight to remove the "-" somehow and hope this works.  Again, it just appears to be songs where the title has a dash in it.  Lastly, I seem to be able to import only ~800 songs at a time even though the folder contains ~2500.

Any comments on what is going wrong here?

Thanks,

Joe

willrmc

RE:EphPod having problem with tags - Help
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2002, 05:22:29 am »

i have found the same problem, mostly with downloaded tracks. i found that media jukebox doesnt quite modify all of the tag info correctly for some reason. what i did was open musucmatch and select all of the files that were problems and change one small thing like in the comments box or something. after doing this i reimported them into ephpod and it worked fine. i sure cant wait for native support from mj8 though

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2002, 05:37:36 am »

Also, be careful about using non alpha-numeric characters in artist/name/album/genre or playlist name.  When I had an apostrophe in a playlist name, Ephpod transferred it ok, but the ipod refused to show that playlist or subsequent playlists.

Joe Z.

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2002, 06:29:07 am »

Thanks to both of you.  This is what I suspected but I had no idea MJ wasn't tagging properly.  I would hate to reload MMJB.  Is there a way I can retag, find and replace with MJ and get it to work?  Will these options work?  As mentioned, I was going to try to clean these up with MJ.  But if the clean file is not tagged and saved correctly....

Are there any shareware tagging programs that could handle batches and clean the tags?
Pages: [1]   Go Up