INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP3 Encoder Plug-In does not install  (Read 1332 times)

Mighty_A-MAN

• Junior Woodchuck
  • The world rotates, so does my car's engine ...
MP3 Encoder Plug-In does not install
« on: August 12, 2006, 12:27:00 pm »

Hi there,

I've happily installed my first 12.0 version of Media Center. Wow, starting with 7.0 it seems I've gone down the way with you guys since a while ...

Anyway, I can not install any plug-ins. I've tried to install the MP3 Encoder, but no luck. Manually I could not even find it on the website.

I've tried the DX plug-in now, installing it from the website, but please look at the attached screenshot and you'll see what it does ... nothing good. Oh, seems I can't add a screenshot, so this is the error message I receive:
Failed to open desitnation file: (fttp://accessories.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/186.zip)

The message for the MP3 Encoder is the same, except the file name is different.

How can I install an MP3 Encoder? I would love to start encoding with MC 12 after grabbing out some old CDs and coming back from Tokyo with new J-Pop.

Best regards,

Mighty A-MAN

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: MP3 Encoder Plug-In does not install
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 12:41:25 pm »

I don't know what is wrong, but as a workaround for MP3 encoding you can copy the lame.exe and gogo.exe files from the [MC11.1 program path]\Plugins\ folder to the [MC12 program path]\Plugins\ folder.

If you don't have MC11.1 installed here is another workaround: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32515.0
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Mighty_A-MAN

• Junior Woodchuck
  • The world rotates, so does my car's engine ...
Re: MP3 Encoder Plug-In does not install
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 01:49:30 pm »

Hi Alex,

You're a star! Thanks for your help, I've copied the two files from the MC 11 directory as I'm still running 11 in case 12 is too buggy on some things. It works now (though I

Best regards,

Mighty A-MAN
Pages: [1]   Go Up