INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod seems faster with latest 11 build  (Read 1173 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
iPod seems faster with latest 11 build
« on: August 17, 2006, 01:33:41 am »

Not 100% sure when it happened, but browsing my iPod has gotten a lot faster.  I wasn't sure if it was an iPod issue or a MC issue, but after putting a LOT of files on the 60gb iPod Photo browsing got slow.  If I clicked Music > Genres for example, there would be a noticeable delay before the genre list finally popped up.

I just re-synced to fix the track order issue, and my iPod is responding quickly again (as in no delay) like it did with only a few files on it.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Re: iPod seems faster with latest 11 build
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 02:49:37 pm »

I noticed the same thing. I have the 60gb 5th generation iPod with ~13,000 tracks on it.

With prior versions, after I synced my iPod there would be a delay the first time I started to browse.  I assumed that there was an index of some sort being built on the iPod.  After the first time doing the browse the speed picked up.

With MC 11.1.194 I do not see this initial delay.  I'm not sure if this is a change in MC or with the latest iPod software (I'm using the 6/28 Updater).

Randy

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
Re: iPod seems faster with latest 11 build
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 05:30:42 pm »

For me it wasn't the new iPod software - the newest updater does not have new software for my 4G iPod Photo.  I did just do a full wipe(using the latest updater)/restore about a week ago and noticed the slowdown as files were added.  With just a couple thousand files it was fine.  Once I got it up to the current 8000+ files it got slooooow again.  After the re-sync with .194 it is as fast as it was with just a couple of thousand files.

They did change the iPod code a couple of times recently, and it appears that one of these changes resulted in more efficient DB processing by the iPod itself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up