INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.58  (Read 2515 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.58
« on: August 21, 2006, 05:13:21 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120058.exe

12.0.58 (8/19/06)

1. Changed: Switched audio analysis dialog back to only counting files that need analysis in the "xx / xx completed" text.
2. Fixed: Minimizing to the system tray wasn't hiding the regular task bar button.
3. Fixed: OS-level eject of iPods and drive-style handhelds was not working properly.
4. Changed: Thumbnailer will stop trying to thumbnail a file after it fails to thumbnail three times.
5. Changed: Improved handling (and performance) of thumbnailing system when dealing with files that don't have a thumbnail. (like audio with no art)

12.0.57 (8/18/06)

1. NEW: Library views with items like file paths, groupings, playlists, expressions, etc. fully support grouping thumbnails. (previously only available with simple fields)
2. Changed: Tag Action Window looks nicer when no files are selected.
3. Fixed: Anything that could possibly show a wait message if it would take a while (expand some tree items, navigation, etc.) could stall for several seconds. (introduced in 56)
4. Fixed: When tile links faded in, the left-most text could look too dark with font anti-aliasing enabled.
5. Fixed: When jumping to full screen display view and back, a list's scroll position could have moved.
6. Fixed: Shutting down the program after it hadn't been running long could cause a crash in rare cases.
7. Optimized: Improved speed when jumping between UI modes.
8. Fixed: Starting the program and immediately going to the remote control options page could cause a crash.
9. Fixed: Thumbnail views wouldn't update properly after tagging changes.
10. NEW: Added iTunes playlist import support.
11. Fixed: When doing "Remove Tags", folder watching could unnecessarily reanalyze the file later.
12. Changed: Doing audio analysis on a large list where only a few files needed analysis would take longer than expected.
13. Fixed: View schemes targetting a specified disk location would have a "Click here to reset selection" even when it wasn't necessary.
14. Changed: Reworked IPTC tag display in the "Format" section of the Tag window to look like the MJMD section.
15. Fixed: Video zooming did not work smoothly when the "Crop" aspect ratio option had been choosen.
16. Changed: Video zooming can zoom out further than the window size, up to the native video size, if the window size is larger than the native video size.

12.0.56 (8/16/06)

1. Fixed: File ordering inside albums on an iPod could show up alphabetical instead of in disc # / track # order.
2. Changed: Detached display considers windowed location instead of current location when calculating "Nearest Monitor" for fullscreen.
3. Changed: During the last 10 days before a beta timeout, the timeout warning is shown each launch of the player.
4. Fixed: It was not possible to fill in a missing track number from the tag Action Window.
5. NEW: In MP3 files, ID3's popularimeter mapped to MC star ratings.
6. NEW: Video Panning (hold down left mouse button and drag when video is zoomed in) is available for TV, DX video player, and DVD player.
7. Changed: Skinning engine better handles some ATL COM third party plugins.
8. Fixed: Internet image lookup was not working properly.
9. Changed: Updated Dutch translation. (thanks BennyD!)
10. Changed: Removed tree icons from root items.

12.0.55 (8/14/06)

1. NEW: Scheduler view has its own scheduler view header image.
2. Fixed: Downloads of plugins, etc. could fail.
3. Fixed: Video zooming would not anchor at the right point.
4. Fixed: Video zooming with "Crop Edges" option on did not work smoothly.
5. Changed: Switching zones no longer ensures that Media Center is visible.
6. Fixed: Upgrade pricing for v12 was not working properly.
7. Changed: Detached display remembers if it was fullscreen last time it was detached and returns to the same state.
8. NEW: Video zooming is available in TV.
9. NEW: Updated the German translation. (thanks bytestar!)

12.0.54 (8/11/06)

1. NEW: Video zooming is also available for DVD playback.
2. Fixed: Clicking "Play" on a tile while the jump on play mode was set to Playing Now could cause a crash.
3. NEW: Updated the animation that shows on the generic please wait dialog.
4. Fixed: Going directly from Mini View to a fullscreen view (display or Theater View) could cause problems.
5. Fixed: When switcing the list style of the file list below a grouping list, it wouldn't update right away.
6. Fixed: The space available on a device wouldn't properly update after a format.

12.0.53 (8/10/06)

1. NEW: Mouse wheel zooms video in and out.
2. Fixed: Bursts of sound during video thumbnailing on some computers.
3. Fixed: Video thumbnailing could hang the thumbnailing thread if FFDShow MPEG-4 Vidoe decoder filter is used for some DivX5.0 formatted videos.
4. Changed: Non-critical failures (mixer configuration) of Video Mixing Renderer 9 are ingored so VMR9 can continue to be used in video playback.
5. Fixed: Playback with a display could fail in some cases. (introduced in build 52)
6. Changed: Added a November 1, 2006 timeout for the beta.
7. Fixed: Editing a list-type field in the action window would make in-place list editing fail to work.
8. Fixed: With split views, the tree would not update its selection when switching focus between the views.
9. Fixed: Setting list-type fields in the tag window for multiple files at a time didn't always work properly.
10. Changed: Added a "Cancel" button to the Add Tag dialog.
11. Fixed: List tile links would fade in and out even if Media Center wasn't the focused application.
12. Fixed: Switching away from a 3D visualization using the right-click menu could stall for several seconds.
13. Changed: Caption is no longer a list-style field.
14. Changed: Switched default auto import behavior to not remove missing files from network or removable drives. (only applies to fresh installs)
15. Changed: Video zooming will cause black strips (top, bottom, or left, right) to be reduced or eliminated.
16. NEW: When doing a lossless rotation of an image, the EXIF orientation flag and database field for rotation is cleared.

12.0.52 (8/9/06)

1. Fixed: Some older iPods (firewire mini, etc.) would show a "failed to recognize iPod" error.
2. Changed: The tree and Action Windows renegotiate for available space after a tree item is expanded or collapsed.
3. Fixed: A few tree icons had gray borders on their sides.
4. Fixed: Theater View "Controls" button was not working properly.
5. Changed: Improved interaction of using multiple zones or detached displays along with custom screen resolutions.
6. NEW: Added "Nearest Monitor" as a target for Fullscreen Display and detached display. (this setting is the default)
7. Changed: Navigational favorites return.
8. Fixed: Advanced library functions like fill tags from file name not working in foreign languages.
9. NEW: IPTC written out even if it didn't already exist.
10. NEW: IPTC info added to Image format info.
11. Fixed: iPods with databases written with an older version of MC (or iTunes) would not be properly handled. (introduced in build 51)
12. Fixed: Clicking "Add New Tag" could cause a crash with some database fields.
13. Fixed: The visible tags menu in the Action Window would disappear after each click.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.58
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 07:02:26 pm »

12.0.58 (8/19/06)

2. Fixed: Minimizing to the system tray wasn't hiding the regular task bar button.

Still appears on my task bar, plus icon in the tray. 
I enabled logging,
minimized MC,
noted tray icon and taskbar button are still both there
maximized MC,
saved log file which can be viewed here.  Download as .txt file.
3. Fixed: OS-level eject of iPods and drive-style handhelds was not working properly.

Verified fixed.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 10:02:33 pm »

This build is much faster in many aspects for me.  Seems the thumbnail optimization had quite a positive effect.

Here are the issues remaining, previously reported:

In the new tag editing area, there is wasted space in fields of data type "list (comma delimited), such as the Keywords and People fields.

As you can see in the screen shot, it's placing each item in the list on it's own row, no matter how short the list item is.
This creates wasted space in the areas marked with a red circle.

No matter how wide I make the tree, it still won't list more than one list item on a single row.

Can a line-wrap be added here with a tab or commas inbetween the list items?

Three list items is generally the extreme for my usage, and at least 2 of them would fit on a single line.

Screen refresh bug.....

Select an album.  Click on "show files"
Highlight all tracks.
In the tag editing window....
edit keyword field.  check a box for one list item.
click X button to close.
edit people field.  check a box for one list item.
click X button to close.

DO NOT TOUCH MOUSE FOR A MINUTE.
Note that the keyword and people fields have not yet updated in the file details on the right.

I've waited several minutes without an update of the screen.
Pass your mouse over the highlighted songs and finally you'll see the fields update.

In audio view scheme, the slider functions fine, as the thumbnail images are generally square in nature (500 x 500).

However, in Video mode, when viewing DVD movies, the album art are rectangular.
Upon restoring my MC 11 library into MC 12, the viewscheme I always used in 11 looked the same.  If I customize current view, it shows a thumbnail size of 150 x 180.

If I move the slider, I get much wider tiles.  The closest I can get to my preferred size of 150 x 180 with the slider is 232 x 174.
Can this be tuned without having to manually set the thumbnail size in the customize current view screen?

I use the slider in this viewscheme quite a bit, smaller when viewing on pc monitor, larger when viewing on HDTV set.

Here's how it looks utilizing the slider.  Too much wasted whitespace between each video.

Not finding Cover Art with "the" in titles

Finding cover art form internet is working much better.
However, still won't find albums with "The" in the title.
For example

Disturbed - The Sickness     (not found by MC.  At amazon.com and other sites "The Sickness" is the official title).

Disturbed - Sickness      (if you inappropriately change the title to "Sickness", then the cover art is found).

Get coverart from internet grabs focus and won't let me do anything else in MC while it's running.
I'd like to be able to slide the "downloading images" window out of the way and let it run in the background.

Note:  For contrast, I can analyze audio, move that window off to my second monitor, and continue playing and tagging other files in MC while it analyzes quietly in the background.

Viewscheme thumbnail text not refreshing after edit.

I have a viewscheme which is displaying thumbnails of albums.
Below each thumbnail is the album title.

I highlight an album and click on TAG in the action window.
I edit a mis-spelled album title and press enter.

The album tag in the file view at the bottom updated immediately, but the thumbnail text still shows the old value.

Moving the mouse over the thumbnail area, clicking on it, clicking elsewhere....nothing refreshes it until I change to a different viewscheme and switch back.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 11:05:54 pm »

Bugs:

1)  Auto Collapse does not work in the tree for items OTHER than Audio, Images, or Video.  The "lower tree" items (i.e. "Playing Now," "Drives and Devices," etc.) that are expanded after being selected stay that way when other items are selected.  You have to manually collapse these items.

2)  I don't know if this is a bug, but Auto Expand does not work when selecting the main Media items in the tree (i.e. Audio, Images, or Video.)  You have to select the little "down" arrow if you want these items to expand.

3)  Right clicking on a blank area of the top toolbar does not off the "Customize Toolbar" option -- you have to right click on an actual toolbar item to get the "Customize" option.  This is not the case with the bottom toolbar, where clicking a blank spot DOES off the Customize option.

4)  I'm also seeing some general stability issues with this build.  I get relatively frequent crashes when doing various things such as switching libraries.  This is NOT repeatable -- when I restart MC, the same order of actions does not necessarily lead to another crash.

Comment:

I agree with others that the tree looked better when all the items had icons.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 11:25:16 pm »

I figured out how to add an item to Favorites -- by first highlighting an item and then going to "View/Navigation/Add to Favorites."  Unlike MC 11, however (and unlike the MC12 help still indicates) I cannot simply right click on a tree item and select "Navigation/Add to Favorites" since there is no longer any "Navigation" item in the right click menu.

Given that Favorites are once again available (which I find a very nice feature) it seems like it should once again be possible to add items to "Favorites" with a "right click" option.

Thanks,

Larry

daniel_2k

• World Citizen
media keys don't work again
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 07:01:58 am »

The media keys on my keyboard (play, forward, stop ect.) only work if MC12 is active. When MC12 is minimized or I'm in another program the keys don't work.
In build 57 the keys worked. In every case.
When I set the Media key mode (in Options -> General) from automatic to disabled and close the options dialog and reopen it and set the mode back to automatic the keys work outside of MC12. But when I close MC12 and reopen it the same problem occur again.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 07:53:40 am »

Bug:

Mpl - Playlists are not imported into MC12, neither through
1) import command in Windows Explorer, nor
2) through the "Add Folder through Library" feature, nor
3) through the "Check Folders now" feature.

Sometimes MC reports that a file has been imported (once only), but no tags will be added to the library. Right now the only way to handle this is by using MC11 and restore the MC11 library to MC12 ? I am trying to import about 2000 image files with tag info stored in mpl files! No way to do it directly in MC12 right now!

Also the long time reported missing feature of updating existing tags through a mpl file would be handy. One has always to remove the files from the library first to use mpl playlists.

Cleanup:

With the changing of the Import function to "Watch Folders" also some renaming should take place as it is rather confusing:

1) In Options>General: Automatically import files into Media Library??? Does this option has any meaning now? Can imagine with Watch Folders deactivated that it still performs the old functionality. True? Then it should be moved to Options>Startup and renamed to something like "Check folders for new files at startup"

2) The Import command in the Windows Explorer Shell should be renamed for consistency reasons to something like "Check this folder now" Or maybe add a separate import feature in the main menu similar to IE that combines Import/Export in one subtask (It is not something one uses on a regular basis)

3) Another way could be to add an additional feature in Library Tools such as "Update library (from external file)" (such as Excel files, mpl playlists, text files or other). It would be very handy, if one has information already at hand and wants to import it in MC

Wishes:
1) The automatic insertion of the date in the album field should be optional as it may be cause plenty of distraction. Before one could simply check "Unassigned" in the "Genre" field for new files to find out what  was new, Now this has been become more complicated. Also for deleting stuff from the library it is cumbersome as the date has nothing to do with the import date.

2 ) There are simply too many actions/tasks in the options menu that in my opinion should be moved to the Action Window! What is the purpose of the AW if not starting actions/tasks?

Examples: Add Folder to Library, Check Folders Now, Build Thumbnails, Update for external changes etc. Together with Library Management functions (as somebody else suggested) they could go in one main task pane.

dcwebman

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 07:56:05 am »

1. Changed: Switched audio analysis dialog back to only counting files that need analysis in the "xx / xx completed" text.
Works great. Thanks!
Jeff

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 08:25:51 am »

MC building thumbnails seems to be stealing focus from other windows.

ie. me typing this message. When i look up i realise that the last half of what i typed didnt get input.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 08:51:22 am »

MC building thumbnails seems to be stealing focus from other windows.

ie. me typing this message. When i look up i realise that the last half of what i typed didnt get input.

What type of files?  There are some misbehaved DirectShow filters that are more ambitious than they should be that can get used for video playback.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 09:17:48 am »

I cant tell which files are doing it, but the ogg vorbis directshow icon is visible down in the taskbar. perhaps it's that.

jgreen

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 12:44:04 pm »

FWIW, 12.0.058 seems MUCH quicker to recover from sleep state.  Light-years quicker.

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 02:30:20 pm »

1.You are getting EXIF data from JPG but not RAW.  When I click on "Format" on a RAW fiel I can see Maker:Nikon and Model: D70S, so you are getting something, but not all of it.  When I Update Library from Files, it does not take these fields into the corresponding Camera field.  I am using Nikon, so my RAW files are really NEF file types.  Other image viewers can see EXIF from JPG and RAW files, I confirmed this.  I think you need to support EXIF across all image types you support (in other words give the same support to all image types), so I consider this a bug that EXIF is not being recognized in RAW files.

2. I think Marko has pointed out a connection between whether an image file has an "MJMD" tag and how the EXIF information updating works.   He reported that if a file did not have MJMD tagging, the image tag updating could overwrite tags.  With that said, here is my scenario:

* previously moved NEF files into a new album.  (i.e. got rid of default Album tag of 2006-01-20 and made a different album tag)
* keep in mind NEF does not have MJMD tags, the format does not support it.
* when I later did an Update Library From Files (to try and get the Camera Make and Model), it over wrote my Album with the default album name 2006-01-20).

I don't know if it is a function of being a RAW/NEF file or of not having an MJMD tag, but it shoudl never be overwriting my Album tag.

3. Request:  Would like to get other EXIF data into the database for expressions and filtering.  This would be a Nice To Have,  but it would really make the Image processing powerful.  Example fields:  JPEG Quality (might be Nikon specific), Exposure program, Exposure Bias, Metering.   I would use this mostly for learning more about my camera -- make a view scheme with detailed captions to compare and contrast different exposure settings.  I think this would have to be an Advanced Option under Library called "Advanced EXIF import" where you map the fields.  A less good approach would be to take all EXIF data and dump it into one database field (called EXIF) and then I would try to things with expressions, but that would not be great.

1 and 2 re-tested and are not fixed in 12.0.58.

2 is really a bad problem when combined with Otto.  If Otto has reason to update these files in the library, it wipes out any Album tagging you have done and resets the Album (and maybe other tags) and writes over your data.

jgreen

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 04:20:03 pm »

Right-click on "Drives and Devices", select "Add Device" and nothing happens, AFAICT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up