INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: media server and album art problems  (Read 973 times)

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
media server and album art problems
« on: September 06, 2006, 09:04:53 am »

I've got several systems running Media Center 11. On one of the systems I have a JBOD which is used to store my CD collection. It is on that system where I have the Library Server running. I also have all the cover art stored as jpegs in the '\artist\album\artist - album.jpg' file.

When playing music from another system, using the media server, many times the cover art will not display even when there is an 'artist - album.jpg' in the correct folder. In my Options\Track Images Location:, I have it set to "Next to file ([Artist] - [Album].jpg).

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

dlone

• Galactic Citizen
Re: media server and album art problems
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 03:52:22 pm »

Occasionally I get no cover art (it shows as the standard read X)
If I stop and play again then it usually does appear
I also get the same glitch in the action window->image box

In my track info display all the other data like lyrics and bios show fine, it's just the cover art that occasionally fails to display
It doesn't matter which track info plug-in I use, they all fail at some time and work if I stop/play again
It might be a timing issue, maybe the track display starts before the jpg's finished saving on large jpg's (just guessing here)?

All my files have embedded jpg's on local hard drives so we can rule out network problems at least  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up