INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best way of storing cover art for videos?  (Read 1369 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Best way of storing cover art for videos?
« on: September 06, 2006, 07:55:38 am »

I copied cover art for all my dvd movies  from the internet. So far so good!

Wondering how the cover art would be stored I checked the cover art folder and found very strange names such as: - 05.09.06.jpg. Obviously cover art has been  named according to the [Artist] - [Album] rule. As neither of those fields are tagged for movies, you get those strange names.

Is there a way to give more descriptive names to video cover art? If yes, how? If no, is it possible to have separate folders for audio and video and separate naming rules?
Or is there any other way to handle cover art for video? Thank you!

Also it creates confusion, if more than one file has the same cover art. Only the last cover art stored is saved overwriting others stored before.

For my audio library (mostly ape) I store cover art inside the file!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Best way of storing cover art for videos?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 02:10:45 pm »

How did you link the cover art files? If you just link an image file manually you can keep the original name and location.

As you said, video cover art should have the folder options (specific folder / next to file) separately from the audio cover art options. Because video files don't have an established tagging standard the used filename should be just the video's actual filename with a different file extension (jpg, png, etc). In case of name conflicts MC should use the standard MC style and add (1), (2), (3) etc.

Personally, I have only a few video cover art files. I've had no problems with naming the files manually. For example, ripping and compressing a DVD can take hours, so it really doesn't matter to me if downloading or scanning a cover art file and manually naming it takes a couple of minutes. Adding a video movie to my library is never a simple background task like ripping audio CDs.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up