INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on CD Burning  (Read 843 times)

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Thoughts on CD Burning
« on: September 11, 2006, 10:03:15 pm »

Maybe it's just me, but I seem to have difficulty burning CDs in the desired order/structure.

For example, say you want to burn 6 different albums to a data disc (MP3s), but you want the albums to be in separate folders, but in a specfied order on the disc.

MC wants to put things in alphabetical order, which is understandable, so I've tried arranging things in a playlist and re-sequence the queue for the burn.  This works if everything is in one folder, but not if I'm trying to keep albums separate.

I use the data discs in my car stereo and it helps to have albums in folders if I want to search for an album.

I have Nero Express 6 and was able to accomplish what I wanted by creating folders for each album and dragging the tracks to each folder.  I named the folders so that they would be in alpha order.

In MC I've experiment with Options (mainly Folder Naming and File Naming), then Details to "Preview" the order of the disc to be burned, but I've managed to get results that are different than expected.

What I would like to see is a way to take a Playlist and select it for burning. Next, have an option to create folder/subfolder by Artist, Album, etc. but keep the playlist order in tact.  It should also have the ability to "Preview" the disc structure before the burn.
Pages: [1]   Go Up