INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Workaround provided to improve sync on iPod  (Read 1063 times)

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Workaround provided to improve sync on iPod
« on: September 10, 2006, 10:08:18 am »

If you are changing tags (cover art, lyrics, etc.) and are frustrated that these changes are not considered changes by MC when doing a sync – therefore they do not get synced to the iPod – read on.

SwellGuy came up with a workaround solution to improve the syncing on an iPod.  If you change a music track in MC, the file change date is updated.  This workaround uses that file change date as part of the synchronization key.

This work around works especially well for me as I’m constantly updating lyrics and used to do a lot of updates to cover art – neither of which triggers a sync.  The only way to get these changes to the iPod was to re-sync the whole iPod (initialize – sync) which could take a long time if you have a large database.

I’ve done testing on it myself at it works just fine.  Maybe this will become a standard feature (default behavior or option) but this could be of help in the interim.

Link to the workaround:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35525.msg242721#msg242721

Link to the thread containing the workaround:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35525.0

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Workaround provided to improve sync on iPod
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 05:50:26 pm »

It's might be best if this was an "option" due to potential scenarios like those that Swellguy pointed out in the other thread, (like synching on different machines, for example.)  That said, if this WAS an option, I personally would use it.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up