INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing Plugins from Plugin page - no category for version "12."  (Read 1347 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Do the MC11 Track Info plugins work with MC12?  If so, is there a way to get them to install to MC12 rathar than MC11 when hitting the "download" link on the plugin page?  I've been assuming that when I click on the download links, they'll just install to MC11 instead of 12.  Is this correct?  I don't want to just start clicking them and have something get messed up since I have both MC11 and MC12 installed at the moment, and there is not yet an "MC12" category for plugins (you can only select 9, 9.1, 10, and 11 at this time.)

I'd like to install the "Multi-Info" track info plugin into MC12, but I don't know if it's compatible, and I'm not clear how to get it to install to 12.

Thanks,

Larry

dcwebman

Re: Installing Plugins from Plugin page - no category for version "12."
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 07:33:48 am »

The track info's I have tried in MC 12 work fine. I didn't bother installing them from the website though as I also have 11 still installed. I simply went to the program install location, e.g. "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\Visualizations\Track Info" and copied the specific track info folder I wanted to the corresponding MC 12 Track Info folder.
Jeff

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 08:36:25 am »

I'm pretty sure that any of the plugins/skins/track infos will install from the website just fine in MC12, even if you pick them from the ver. 9, 10, or 11 pages. I'm also reasonably certain that all of them will work just fine, barring any of the input/encoder/decoder plugins, since MC12 obviously changed something in that area. The track info plugins definitely shouldn't be a probem, since they're just simple HTML templates. Nothing really funky going on there.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 12:35:35 pm »

I'm pretty sure that any of the plugins/skins/track infos will install from the website just fine in MC12, even if you pick them from the ver. 9, 10, or 11 pages. I'm also reasonably certain that all of them will work just fine, barring any of the input/encoder/decoder plugins, since MC12 obviously changed something in that area. The track info plugins definitely shouldn't be a probem, since they're just simple HTML templates. Nothing really funky going on there.

But if both MC11 and MC12 are on the system, how will the installer know which directory to put them?

Thanks,

Larry

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 01:07:10 pm »

Well, depending on how the plugin installer was written, it might not matter. For instance, my LyricsEditor plugin installs to it's own folder (not a subfolder of MC), and writes its registry entries in such a way that it will show up on all versions of MC that are installed.

Obviously you can't be guaranteed that all plugins will install like that, but ultimately, the physical location of the plugin .dll doesn't matter. It's the registry entries that tell MC of the plugin's existence, and it's a pretty trivial registry edit to make a plugin that's hardcoded to install in MC11 show up for MC12.
Pages: [1]   Go Up