INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ReadyNAS NV and MediaServer  (Read 1623 times)

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
ReadyNAS NV and MediaServer
« on: September 17, 2006, 08:19:03 am »

I bought an Infrant ReadyNAS NV network attached storage unit. Works great for storing and backing up my MC music files. Infrant has sort of an open architecture that allows "add-ons" to be developed and run on the unit. It currently comes with "SlimServer". I'm wondering if JRiver has looked at the unit and if there are any plans to develop a version of Media Server to run on it?

www.infrant.com

RaphRock

• Recent member
Re: ReadyNAS NV and MediaServer
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 01:54:20 pm »

Hello,

I also bought a ReadyNas NV with two 750GB seagate barracuda's in X-raid.  Great for storage !!  Only one problem...  Mediacenter is awful slow on updating and importing files from the readynas. 

Importing took about 72 hours, ok its 400GB but still..
Updating tags for about 50 files takes minutes and minutes... 
very frustrating because Musicenter used to be so fast in updating tags..

Do you have any problems with that ?
What are your configs (or the ones your recommend)  of MC/Router/Readynas for optimal speed ??

Would love to have a solution because spending about 1500€ and loose all my speed...  sucks  :-[

thnx!

RR

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 05:22:28 pm »

I haven't tried downloading/converting, etcetera yet. But I'm getting great performance and no problems playing APE files. I do have a gigabit network card, gigabit switch and "jumbo frames" enabled.

I also use the ReadyNAS to backup my laptop with Norton Ghost. I've not had any skipping problems when playing tracks in MC and simultaneously backing up the laptop.

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 08:14:16 am »

I am also having very slow performance with MC and the ReadyNAS NV+. It looks like importing 300GB of files will take about 6 hours.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 08:51:33 am »

I am also having very slow performance with MC and the ReadyNAS NV+. It looks like importing 300GB of files will take about 6 hours.

Where are the files located that you're trying to import?
1) Are they on the ReadyNAS and you're trying to import to a library on a local PC?
2) Are the files on the ReadyNAS and you're trying to import to a library which is also on the ready nas?
3) Other?
Pages: [1]   Go Up