INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.75  (Read 2068 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.75
« on: September 21, 2006, 05:20:53 pm »

Download:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120075.exe

History

12.0.75 (9/21/06)

1. Changed: Editing of TV station names and deleting TV channels can now be done on TV Configuration -> TV Channels page (whereas previously they are available only on the "Scan Channels" dialogs).
2. Optimized: Some internal database operations are faster.
3. Changed: Fullscreen bars only show when the mouse moves into the border area.
4. NEW: Update view header images.
5. Changed: Manually expanding a tree item will scroll the tree if necessary to make children visible.
6. NEW: Thumbnails for images that use alpha will look better.
7. Fixed: Cover art not working on new 2nd generation Nanos.
8. Fixed: Fields that had not been changed / saved for a long time could fail to load. (introduced in build 74)
9. NEW: Internet code no longer skips trying to connect when a connection isn't currently alive -- hopefully improving usability for wireless LAN, etc. users.

12.0.74 (9/20/06)

1. Changed: Log entries for DirectShow video thumbnailing threads all carry thread IDs.
2. Fixed: Checking for changed / missing files could go slower than expected if the database contained CD or DVD files.
3. Fixed: Windows Server 2003 could (still) report a Windows Media error during installation.
4. Changed: The entire audio branch (instead of just the audio renderer) is removed from the DirectShow graph for video thumbnailing.
5. Fixed: Some extended file types (JMX, etc.) would always be considered "externally changed" during an import, causing slowdowns.
6. Optimized: Loading of media files database over twice as fast.
7. Changed: Audio, images and video are loaded into the tree before other items.

12.0.73 (9/19/06)

1. Fixed: Windows Server 2003 could report a Windows Media error during installation.
2. Fixed: WAV (or other DirectShow) audio playback types wouldn't stop as fast as expected.
3. Fixed: Video playback could fail on some machines.
4. Changed: Cross-fade length can't be longer than half the length of the file that just played. (for playing very short files)
5. Fixed: When playing very short files, the player could stall and stop playing more files.
6. Fixed: Double-clicking a file in Playing Now with "Always jump to Playing Now" selected could cause a crash.
7. Fixed: The status below a video while it was loading did not support translation.
8. Changed: Tweaked how grabbing a handle of a slider works so only non-alpha regions are grabbable.
9. Fixed: Otto could wrongly see a Media Center tagging action as an external change in certain cases.
10. Fixed: Possible rare crash with multi-threaded skinning.
11. Changed: When saving tag changes, the status bar will say "Saving tag changes (playing file remaining -- stop playback to finish)" to clarify this scenario.

12.0.72 (9/18/06)

1. Fixed: Image caption no longer being bozoed when zooming.
2. Fixed: Vista was causing a crash when browsing for folders.
3. Fixed: WMV playback would fail on some systems.
4. Changed: Artist is flagged as "all media types". (instead of audio specific)
5. Fixed: Integer-style fields would be a drop-list instead of a combobox when editing.
6. Fixed: Empty playlists would use image columns instead of audio columns. (switches automatically when adding files)
7. Changed: More fields are available in the Tag window.
8. Fixed: Right-clicking without moving the mouse first in fullscreen mode wouldn't show the mouse cursor.
9. Changed: Resizing the window no longer moves the camera position of 3D visualizations to a random spot.
10. Fixed: Black portions of images in the 3D visualiztions could show as transparent.
11. Changed: Sample Grabber method of thumbnailing is not used when FFDShow video decoder filter is detected.
12. Changed: Video playback doesn't prevent video slideshows on single file double-click.
13. Changed: Display resizes when borders appear in fullscreen.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 12.0.75
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 05:42:13 pm »

9. NEW: Internet code no longer skips trying to connect when a connection isn't currently alive -- hopefully improving usability for wireless LAN, etc. users.

JGreen, this one's for you.  Let us know if it improves things.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jgreen

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 06:30:40 pm »

Thanks, Matt, this seems to be working much better.  I'm not sure what's changed, but I didn't give MC any nudges getting to the internet and it got there 3 out of 3 times, so I'm giving it a provisional "W".  I really appreciate your help looking into this.

EDIT:  Having put a few more CDs through the mill under battlefield conditions, I'm ready to call the improved lookup system "bulletproof".  It has not yet failed to get a connection.  I watched it wake my stupid wireless card up from dormancy, something even Firefox has trouble doing.

Bottom line:  There's light at the end of the tunnel, Matt, IMO.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 06:39:40 pm »

3. Changed: Fullscreen bars only show when the mouse moves into the border area.

I like it.  A lot.  Now I can keep the mouse on the couch next to me when I'm watching video.  Before I always had to move it to the coffee table.  That's fine when you're not extremely lazy and fully horizontal, but...   ;D
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jgreen

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 06:46:12 pm »

A few versions ago I reported that if you move a selection of tracks via "rename from properties", and play one while the process is on going, that track will be renamed correctly but will remain in its former position.  I don't know whether this has been looked at, but I can report that rating a track while doing a "rename from properties" has the same effect, as if changing anything in metadata (sorry) during the process means that it will fail to move.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 01:42:12 am »

TV Options does not work!

I can select TV channels, but if I select Options or in Options>Playback>TV Settings I get the following error: "Failed to Play TV" and MC12 crashes.

(MC11.1 is installed in parallel, which works flawlessly)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 08:15:50 am »

When Your On The Debuging Window Pressing "Click To Reset log file" it does not give any feedback to the user. So the user is unsure MC did anything.

Maybe a popup window "Log File Reset"
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 11:54:09 am »

- When Tagging action pane is open on a semi column delimeted (list) field, then In place editing on a song in the panes acts weird. You edit a field in the panes, when typing "tab", it doesn't go to the next field but closes the editing of the field. When closing the action pane, all works fine.

may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

jgreen

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 12:14:48 pm »

MC is refusing to re-import tracks that I've previously deleted.  I remember this used to be an option, which I can no longer find.  This isn't an automatic feature now, is it?

"Enable watch folders"--OFF

"Update for external changes"--OFF

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 12:17:46 pm »

MC is refusing to re-import tracks that I've previously deleted.  I remember this used to be an option, which I can no longer find.  This isn't an automatic feature now, is it?
You can edit your Watch Folders under Tools/Options/Library.  It's a checkbox.
Pages: [1]   Go Up