INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make a file no longer part of a 'podcast'.  (Read 1734 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
How to make a file no longer part of a 'podcast'.
« on: September 22, 2006, 03:26:31 pm »

Once a file has come down from an RSS feed as a 'podcast', how do you break this link?  I deleted the file from the library, moved it, then re-imported it but it still shows up under the 'podcast' feed.  The 'podcast' tags do not appear to be editable from within MC.

Other than editing the tags with a third party tool, how do I remove the file from the 'podcast' list?

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
Re: How to make a file no longer part of a 'podcast'.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 08:50:56 am »

Edit - I can't seem to make the file NOT part of the podcast.  Removed the feed specific tags (using ID3-TagIt), deleted the entry from the library, and re-imported.  The file shows up under the podcast feed still.  Is there any way to 'break' this link?  How does MC 'know' that the file was a part of the podcast?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 09:08:30 am »

The feed has a list of episodes.  MC gets this feed periodically and has no control over what shows up in the feed.  That's determined by the podcaster.

The best you can do is to delete the episode where it is shown under podcasts.  There you can also hit the button called "Hide deleted episodes".

Under episode status, try clicking several times.  The options will change.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 09:16:21 am »

Don't think you understand what I am saying.  I STILL have the file.  It has been renamed and moved to a different directory (from within MC), but it still shows up under the podcast feed list as an active file (I have hide deleted episodes enabled).

I delete the entry from podcast feed, and the file disappears from the list.
I re-import the file, and it shows back up in the 'active' episode list.
I deleted the entry form the podcast feed (file disappears from podcast feed list), deleted the 'URL' and 'Feed' tags, and re-imported the file and now it shows up under the podcast feed as 'active' again.

I am trying to keep the file in my library, but NOT have it show up as an active entry in the podcast feed.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 10:38:56 am »

Try editing the tags.  It may be Genre.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 02:09:12 am »

The only way  I could find to 'break' the link was to move/rename the file outside of MC.  Then MC saw it as a plain audio file and not part of the podcast.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 06:14:25 am »

The only way I could find to 'break' the link was to move/rename the file outside of MC. Then MC saw it as a plain audio file and not part of the podcast.

I was going to suggest that (or merely making a duplicate of the file outside MC and deleting the podcat inside MC after that).

Usually MC tends to keep the database up-to-date when you do file operations inside MC.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up