INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.82  (Read 7951 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.82
« on: October 02, 2006, 05:55:13 pm »

Download:

[build pulled by JimH for crashes ]

History

12.0.82 (10/2/06)

1. Changed: Display Mode is skipped when pressing F11 while stopped.
2. Changed: Rolling in Theater View lists is controlled by time instead of number of clicks, so holding up or down will always stop at the ends.
3. Fixed: Manually collapsing "Services & Plug-ins" was not possible.
4. Fixed: Transparent menus could cause issues during DVD or video playback. (now disabled if overlapping the display)
5. Changed: When starting playback of a new file from a paused state, cross-fading is disabled.
6. Changed: Renamed "Fullscreen" to "Display View" in Theater View menu to align with menu naming.
7. Fixed: Right-clicking on a menu item and choosing "Execute: ..." could show a different menu. (note that menus follow mouse movement by design)
8. Fixed: Podcasts page Google search box was not working.
9. Changed: When the display is detached, the "Display" Action Window will not be as tall.
10. Fixed: The "Display" action window wouldn't appear properly when starting a video with the display detached.
11. Fixed: "System Info" could crash on some machines.
12. Fixed: TV crash in various situations.
13. NEW: MC plays Flash Video (FLV files). Third-party DirectShow filters are required.
14. Fixed: Exiting Theater View could cause a crash.

12.0.81 (9/29/06)

1. Fixed: Track info visualizations would crash.
2. Fixed: Pressing 'Enter' on a "Back" command on the right of Theater View didn't work.
3. Changed: Spinning picture cube doesn't spin as fast when entering Theater View.
4. NEW: Theater View lists roll, but require two up or down clicks (instead of one) to initiate the roll.
5. Fixed: When Theater View encountered a Direct3D error, it would appear missing instead of drawing an error screen.
6. Changed: Core drawing engine provides nicer results with alpha on alpha drawing. (effects font smoothness in some Theater View skins)

12.0.80 (9/28/06)

1. Fixed: When running multiple versions of MC at once, they could collide when using some plugin types.
2. Changed: Removed a few obsolete settings from Plugin Manager pages.

12.0.79 (9/28/06)

1. Changed: Video thumbnailing runs at a lower priority so it has less performance impact.
2. Fixed: Video thumbnailing could show a crash message in rare cases where a video thumbnail could not be built.
3. Fixed: If "Slim" was entered the first time while MC was maximized, it could fill the screen.
4. Fixed: Edit drop lists for disc number could sort empty and 1 out of order. (remember that emtpy and 1 sort equally in a file list so tracks without a disc number have an implied disc number of 1)
5. Changed: Menu transparency will not be used if the menu overlaps a hardware accelerated window. (3D visualizations, G-Force, new Theater View, etc.)
6. NEW: MP3 (Internet) streams are buffered to allow seeking anywhere as the stream is received.
7. Fixed: iPods not ejecting correctly after sync or on close.
8. Fixed: Some bad image files could cause the player to hang.
9. Fixed: Not able to recognize non-WMDM handheld devices on operating systems that don't support WMDM.
10. NEW: A new WAVE input plugin that handles uncompressed WAV files, including http:// files and files with UNICODE characters in the path. Compressed WAV files will continue to be handled in DirectShow.
11. Fixed: Audible files not tranferring to iPods.
12. Fixed: Shift-End, Shift-Ctrl-End, Shift-Home, Shift-Ctrl-Home now honored in lyric edit control.
13. Fixed: Not reading Audible tags correctly.
14. Changed: Removed "All" items when browsing in Theater View.
15. Changed: Several improvements to the Noire Theater View skin.
16. NEW: New animated Theater View returns -- many performance improvements from previous release.
17. Changed: Once Theater View gets to a "Files" list, pressing Enter will show a menu instead of replacing Playing Now.
18. Changed: When navigating in Theater View, going into a list with only one item will go in to the next level.
19. Fixed: Possible dead-lock with multithreaded skinning.
20. Changed: Reworked how customization is applied to web browser controls to be more reliable.

12.0.78 (9/26/06)

1. Changed: Double-click on the header while in Slim mode returns to Standard View.
2. NEW: Mouse-wheel works to operate the thumbnail size slider.
3. NEW: View header is shown in library views when filtering using the tree.
4. Changed: Tooltips don't show an image when in a thumbnail mode. (since it's redundant)
5. Fixed: When clicking a tree item with no children, it'd scroll down unexpectedly.
6. Changed: For Quicktime video (such as mp4) that is played in DirectShow, we try DirectShow method for thumbnailing before trying Quicktime method.
7. Changed: Time-out for testing whether a file can be played in DirectShow is increased (to avoid unnecessarily hard-killing a DirectShow graph).
8. NEW: Slim skin Mini View has its own window position instead of being a windowshade of the main position.
9. Fixed: Show Start option now honored.
10. Fixed: Action Window pages wouldn't always set the cursor properly. (hopefully fixed -- please let us know)
11. NEW: Introduced new video thumbnail generation system -- please test if you have had video thumbnail problems in the past.

12.0.77 (9/25/06)

1. Fixed: Not all library watch folder settings were being saved as library specific.
2. Changed: Added portable device information to the system information dump.
3. Changed: Lyrics field allowable with videos.
4. Fixed: Media Editor could have an error when pasting regions of a file.
5. Fixed: Some QuickTime audio files would incorrectly show as having an internal image causing issues.
6. Fixed: WAV (and other DX playback type files) would be slower than expected.

12.0.76 (9/22/06)

1. NEW: New art in many areas of the program -- splash, about, icons, etc. (still a work in progress)
2. Changed: Video thumbnailing takes shorter time for some video types. Also, a little more error logging for video thumbnailing and importing.
3. Fixed: The "Debug Viewer" link in the logging dialog was broken.
4. NEW: There is now an "email" link on the logging dialog for sending log files.
5. Fixed: Mouse movement could cause come areas of the program to be overly blinky. (introduced a few builds back)
6. NEW: Gapless playback support for iPods added.
7. Changed: Removed 3D Theater View. (to return at a later date)
8. Changed: After resetting the current log file, a message is displayed.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dcwebman

Re: Media Center 12.0.82
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 06:29:38 pm »

Let's say I have the Playlists menu open and am nested in a few child items. If I close the Playlists tree by clicking the Playlists down arrow, if I open up Playlists again, the tree has been collapsed again and I have to work my way down the tree again to find out where I was. Is there some logical reason why the tree format can't be remembered if closed and opened?
Jeff

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 07:00:24 pm »

1. Repeated use of Shift+F11 to toggle between Theater View and Display View causes MC to die.

2. Playing Now of Theater view loses it's display (lower half of screen) while playing something and toggling b/w Theater View and /Display View.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 07:02:57 pm »

Matt, I presume you're not seeing the blocky text problem in Theater View? What about when compared to v11.1?

I've not had a chance to try it on another PC yet. Will let you know if this makes any difference.
Z-Wave Home Automation

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 07:15:04 pm »

Matt, I presume you're not seeing the blocky text problem in Theater View? What about when compared to v11.1?

Matt -- Also, when looking for this issue, try reducing the resolution of Theater View (i.e. don't use "Desktop Resolution") and comparing the text between MC11 to MC12 Theater Views.  Many of us use Theater View on NTSC monitors, so we have to have the full screen display set to something like 1024 x 768.  MC11 is performing anti-aliasing in a different way, and it becomes much more apparent when using a lower resolution, which is needed when displaying on a TV monitor (which is what Theater View is essentially designed for.)

Larry

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 07:21:48 pm »

I've not had a chance to try it on another PC yet. Will let you know if this makes any difference.

No, we're not seeing it.

It may be related to your video card or driver settings. (how it handles large textures, how it does AF / AA, etc.)  We're still learning about the limitations of the Direct3D approach on older hardware.

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 07:28:14 pm »

not sure this will help

importing new files

AppName: media center 12.exe    AppVer: 12.0.82.0    ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0    Offset: 07081703
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 07:34:10 pm »

not sure this will help

importing new files

AppName: media center 12.exe    AppVer: 12.0.82.0    ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0    Offset: 07081703

Please email the previous log after the crash (Help > Logging) to matt at jriver dot com if you can reproduce it.  Include a short description of what you were doing.

Thanks.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 07:37:38 pm »

No, we're not seeing it.

Matt -- Did you try my suggestion above of reducing the resolution?

It may be related to your video card or driver settings. (how it handles large textures, how it does AF / AA, etc.)  We're still learning about the limitations of the Direct3D approach on older hardware.

I see this on ANY system I try MC on, using both new and old systems (including both old P3s and fairly new P4s.)  These systems use different video cards, the newest of which are Geforce FX6800 GTs, which are relatively new, and I've seen this issue with all the drivers I've used, including the new ones.

Once again, the two versions of MC are performing anti-aliasing differently.  I posted links to some pictures in another thread -- here are the links once again:

MC11.1 Theater View Text:
http://home.socal.rr.com/lalittle/MC%20Theater%20View%20text%20pics/MC11%20Theater%20View%20blowup%208x6.tif

MC12 Theater View Text:
http://home.socal.rr.com/lalittle/MC%20Theater%20View%20text%20pics/MC12%20Theater%20View%20blowup%208x6.tif

Please take a look at these pictures which show the exact same size part of the screen from the two MC versions.  As you can see, the anti-aliasing in the MC12 picture is more "crude" (note the "C" and the "y" in "City") which results in what we're seeing.

Thanks,

Larry

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 07:44:11 pm »

Larry,

I don't believe you're seeing the same thing as raym.  His screenshot looked far worse.

Your screenshots both look fine to me.  Using a newer build, you'll get slightly better alpha on alpha. (those screenshots are a few old)

Also, note that in your screenshots all the text looks identical except the selected item's text.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 07:50:45 pm »

BUG Report:

1) Switching to "Cover Art" for the display view causes MC to crash.  I reverted to build 81 and the problem went away.

2) If the display is set to show "Track Info," the AW "Display" window makes no sense since it shows a small, cut-off portion of the Track Info view.  Shouldn't the AW "Display" window only show things that can FIT in it?  I like to use "Track Info" for my Playing Now screen, but if I have MC set this way, the AW "Display" window, which ALWAYS comes up when I start a song, is useless since it only displays a partial, cut-off corner of the album art.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 07:57:04 pm »

Lots of Crashes:

This build seems to be very unstable for me.  I get the crash when selecting "Cover Art" (posted above), but I also get crashes when doing basic other things, such as just hitting "stop" while a song is playing.  I went back to build 81 and these stability issues went away.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 08:05:45 pm »

Theater View BUG:  "Currently Playing Song" triangle not working correctly.

When playing a track in Theater View, the "Currently playing song" triangle does not appear until I scroll OFF that track.  When I play another song, the triangle on the PREVIOUS track remains until I scroll ONTO this track, at which point it disappears.

By playing a track, then moving down to the next track and playing it, etc. down the page, I end up seeing "playing" triangles on ALL the tracks (except the last one.)

This problem is also happening in the .81 build, but I'm unclear when it started.

Larry

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 08:08:27 pm »

1. Repeated use of Shift+F11 to toggle between Theater View and Display View causes MC to die.
I can duplicate this.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 08:09:42 pm »

Could you try again and maybe reboot after installing?

I'll give it a shot and report back.

Thanks,

Larry

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 09:33:39 pm »

Lots of Crashes:

This build seems to be very unstable for me.  I get the crash when selecting "Cover Art" (posted above), but I also get crashes when doing basic other things, such as just hitting "stop" while a song is playing.  I went back to build 81 and these stability issues went away.

I've been having some general instability with this build too.  Scrolling items (details view, panes mode, in a View Scheme) hard locked completely (didn't crash, just froze).  Another freeze when starting playback of a video file.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 09:36:37 pm »

I also discovered something else interesting, and annoying.

I today tried to do a Send to --> External --> Flickr Uploader (which is an external application) with a bunch (25 or so) of pictures selected.  Unfortunately, I had forgotten that I had uninstalled Flickr Uploader on that machine temporarily, so the Path in the Add/Edit External dialog was invalid.  MC popped up not just one error, but the same error over and over again (I assume once for each picture I had selected at the time).

I clicked through them all, but then it crashed.   ::)

matshif

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 12:20:39 am »

Yaobing

I still get "Failed to play TV (unknown error)" when I try to set up TV turner as reported earlier.

CDvd

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 01:34:38 am »

(from the .81 build thread)

Matshif:
I still get "Failed to play TV (unknown error)" when I try to set up TV turner

and Yaobing answer:
I made some changes but they did not make it into this build. Please check the next build.

Strange because I don't have problems anymore with the previous build (12.0.81) (for which Yaobing said TV was not fixed)
I could have tryied @ home to see if TV is still ok with this build on my machine if it was not pulled.
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 02:47:07 am »

Larry,

I don't believe you're seeing the same thing as raym.  His screenshot looked far worse.

Okay -- I guess we're referring to different things.

Thanks,

Larry

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 04:18:30 am »

Okay -- I guess we're referring to different things.

Thanks,

Larry

The point is though (and Larry, correct me if I'm wrong) Theater View text in MC12 looks blocky when compared to MC11 right? I may be seeing a more extreme case of this than Larry but the fact that at least one other person is  seeing a difference suggests that something in 12 is different.

All I know for sure is that in MC11.1.198, all Theater View text looks silky smoothe on the same system I have MC12 installed.
Z-Wave Home Automation

Marty3d

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 06:00:04 am »

These ones for .81:
- The tag window bug that didn't change the mouse pointer is still there.
- If you have another song selected than the one playing and Tag window open, right-clicking on the display header (you know, title, time elapsed, bitrate etc) and choosing tag, the tag window first go to Action Window, rightclicking tag again will bring up the Tag for the current playing song.

dcwebman

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2006, 07:55:17 am »

If I have a set of songs in Playing Now and I am viewing through my library, I sometimes decide I want to hear a particular song right then. If I right-click and select Play, my Playing Now is erased and that one song is put in Playing Now. Instead of selecting Play, I could have gone through the nested menus to select Send To\Play\Add (play now) to hear that song without losing my Playing Now list, but it seems like the single Play should do the same thing.

The problem also appears, and is inconsistent with the song's Play, if I'm looking at my tag window with the Image window and I need to see how big that image really is. If I double-click on the Image it displays the image and erases Playing Now. However, if I select "Play / Show (first file)" for that image, it just displays the image without affecting Playing Now. The double-click should act like "Play / Show (first file)".

P.S. I know I can go find the Recent Playing Now, try to remember what song was selected at the moment I tried Play and add to Playing Now again. A lot of work just to hear one song.
Jeff

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2006, 08:31:21 am »

If I have a set of songs in Playing Now and I am viewing through my library, I sometimes decide I want to hear a particular song right then. If I right-click and select Play, my Playing Now is erased and that one song is put in Playing Now. Instead of selecting Play, I could have gone through the nested menus to select Send To\Play\Add (play now) to hear that song without losing my Playing Now list, but it seems like the single Play should do the same thing.

I, personally, like it that Play works that way.  Otherwise it'd be difficult to add a whole set of songs, TV shows, pictures, or other videos to Playing Now (while still specifying which particular file in a larger set should play first).  Especially with video watching, but also when I want to play a specific song from one of my "mix" view schemes (with shuffle turned on), this is the desired behavior.  When I'm manually building a playlist it isn't, but that's what the Send to --> Play --> Add to Playing Now (as next to play) is for (and then once you use it, it will show up at the top of MC's right-click menu for you).  Choosing Play and double-clicking do the same thing.

You can change it's behavior though, so it's not a problem.  Go to Options --> General --> Behavior --> Double Click.  You can select:

• Replace Playing Now (all) - the default
  • Replace Playing Now (single) - same as above but only adds the one file
  • Add To Playing Now (to end) - keeps Playing now list intact and adds the selected file to the very end of the list
  • Add To Playing Now (play now) - stops the current file from playing and plays the selected file but keeps the rest of the current list intact
  • Add To Playing Now (play next) - same as above but waits for current file to end before playing the selected file
  • File Properties - Pulls up the tag window

Also.... The "show" option is specific to images.  Those are something of a special case, because they wanted you to be able to play a playlist of images in a slideshow without affecting the currently playing music.  If music is not already playing, double clicking an image file will do a standard "play/double-click" command.  If music is playing, the images are instead added to the special "image slideshow" visualization, which maintains it's own playlist.

Generally in MC the terminology used regarding Playing Now's list is:

• Play - replaces the current playing now with what is selected
  • Add - keeps the current playing now list intact

Pages: [1]   Go Up