INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing files in folders under Media Library  (Read 617 times)

seventeen

Missing files in folders under Media Library
« on: September 10, 2002, 12:37:44 am »

Please help...

I have been using MMJB 7.2 and after testing out a little of the MJ8, i'm convinced that MJ8 is the better choice.  But after purchasing the reg key, I found out that there was a problem of recognizing the ID3 tags.  So, I cleared the database, and made a clone of 10 songs that didn't show up in the subfolders under the media library for some troubleshooting.  Here's what I got so far.

When I imported my music files, there were no errors during the importing process.
I can see the 10 files in the media library root folder and also in the next subfolder, which is album, artist, artist/album, etc.
I can see the name of the album with a disc icon next to it, under the album folder.
I can see the name of the artist with a little man icon next to it, under the artist folder.
When I click on the name of the album, under the album folder, I CANNOT see any files.  Same thing for name of the artist.

I tried all sorts of remedies, such as using the "clean file properties" under tools of properties in MJ8; erased data from the tempo, preference, mood tag fields using MMJB 7.2; erased artist name and album title, then saving it, and re-entering the name and album title using Tag&Rename v2.0 as well as using MJ8's tagging utility.  All of which led to nowhere.

Please advise what to do.  I can even send you a copy of the MP3 file that worked and didn't work for troubleshooting.

The funny thing is that some MP3 files work, but others didn't.  And it seems like if one file doesn't work in an album, the other doesn't work as well.  But if one works, all of the them works.

Can I get a refund if there is no fix to it?

Thanks so much in advance for any help you can offer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up