INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename files from properties rules fail for other languages than english  (Read 1089 times)

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

I think there's a serious bug for all who don't use MC12 in english.

It looks like you've done a good job with your translations - but maybe you translate a bit too much.

For example,  when running MC in german, the field [Artist] is named [Interpret]. This also applies for rules. I use the "Rename files from properties" function to place my files according to their nature. E.g. albums, chart tracks, etc. are arranged via rules.

For the filename I use the following rule:
  If(ISEQUAL([Album]),Unknown Album),[Artist] - [Name],[Track #] - [Artist] - [Name])

When running this in german this is changed to:
  If(ISEQUAL([Album],Unknown Album),[Interpret] - [Name],[Track #] - [Interpret] - [Name])

The field [Interpret] is not recognized - surprisingly the field [Titel-Nr.] is!
The  result of that expression is:
01 - [Interpet] - Feel so real.mp3

Another issue in that example is that the expression itself doesn't work anymore. If I want to ask if an album field is empty the expression above was the one that worked. How is this working today?

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Rename files from properties rules fail for different languages
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 11:55:35 am »

Another issue in that example is that the expression itself doesn't work anymore. If I want to ask if an album field is empty the expression above was the one that worked. How is this working today?

I could solve this issue. I renamed the Album field for display to "04 Album" as I added a numbering for the fields. Unfortunately the rules refer to the display field name instead of the "physical" field names. Even if this seems to be also a bug - the most appreciated variant would be if I could use the ISEMPTY function!

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Rename files from properties rules fail for other languages than english
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 12:42:26 pm »

Just to avoid misunderstandings:

There's still that bug out there for all who run MC12 in other languages than english and use rules!
Pages: [1]   Go Up