INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod questions  (Read 1585 times)

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
iPod questions
« on: October 05, 2006, 03:32:08 am »

Hi,

I moved to the darkside and got myself an 80GB iPod.   It's great but there are a couple of niggles I was wondering if MC can help in this area:

1)  When transferring albums to the iPod they are stored in name order (and not date order as I prefer) underneath the artist.   Is it possible to rename an album on the way to the iPod so that the albums are in the format <Release Year> - <Album>

2)  When I sync'd my photos to the iPod they all appeared on the iPod in random date order, e.g. I had subfolders like:

01-03-2001
    01-04-2004
    01-06-2001
    01-09-2003

Is it possible to sort them on the ay to the iPod?

Regards,

Jamie.

NoCodeUK

Re: iPod questions
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 07:46:04 am »

Hi Jamie,

I always preferred having albums in year order rather than the other way round and this has always bugged me with the ipod too...

Only way I can think of is have a claculated field in MC with release year - album name.  Set up a sync play list and before synching do a flip flop swap between the clac field and the album name field, sync the playlist and then flip flop back again using the move/copy fields function in mc...

Not overly automated but hope it helps

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 10:53:18 am »

I moved to the darkside and got myself an 80GB iPod. 

What were you using before moving to the darkside?  Do you like the iPod better?

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 04:26:44 pm »

@NoCodeUK ... yeah I thought about that but why should I have to go to all that bother ... that's what computers are for ;)

@Magic_Randy ... I had a 40GB iRiver.   I put in a longer battery and I could go 24 hours without charging :)   Also I put on the rockbox software which was awesome and I really, really miss it.   I'm just waiting for them to release the code for 5.5g iPods.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 11:41:22 am »

I was just curious.  I’ve had iPods since the beginning of time (1st models out).  So far I’ve purchased 6 of them.  I currently have the 5th generation 60gb iPod. 

Of course the 60gb iPod is really too small, so it would be nice to upgrade to the 80gb.  But then again, maybe there is something better I should consider.  But it looks like iPod is the standard – so many things are iPod compatible now (e.g. home theater A/V receivers, etc.).

The smart thing is probably just wait and do nothing for now.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 01:59:11 pm »

I doubt anything bigger than 80gb is going to come around for a while.
Pages: [1]   Go Up