INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod disconnects during transfer  (Read 1269 times)

bmunroe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Where ever you go, there you are
iPod disconnects during transfer
« on: October 09, 2006, 07:38:20 am »

I am having a problem with my iPod Nano disconnecting and reconnecting.  Not sure if it is a cable problem, iPod problem or USB port problem.

Anyway, if it disconnects in the middle of  a synch, the files transfered before the disconnect happens take up space on the ipod, but do not actually show up anywhere.  It just burns the space.  I neeed to initialize the iPod in MC to get that space back.

Any ideas?

SwellGuy

Re: iPod disconnects during transfer
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 09:33:50 am »

We've never seen this behavior before and we do nothing at a low enough level to cause this type of behavior. It should be easy enough to test, swap out the cable, try a different machine or USB port, reboot the PC, update/restore the iPod and see if it happens using iTunes or other software.

bmunroe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Where ever you go, there you are
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 04:27:58 pm »

I suspect the disconnects are either an ipod or usb port problem.  Didn't mean to imply that MC was causing the disconnects.

The loss of available space on the ipod did seem to be caused by MC, however.  It's was like the file was transfered but not updated in the ipod's database.  Is the database only updated at the completion of the synch process?

SwellGuy

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 09:55:48 am »

That is correct, sir.
Pages: [1]   Go Up